[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ I need a good online class to learn Java
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1460704612272.png (41 KB, 279x261) Image search: [Google]
1460704612272.png
41 KB, 279x261
Next semester I'm taking a java class that has a reputation for being notoriously difficult despite not having any formal pre-reqs. A lot of people do badly in this course and I can't do bad because I have to do well in this course to get into graduate studies (shit undergrad GPA in unrelated field and taking courses to prove myself). Plus I'm working 40-hours so this summer is the most free I'll be to learn ahead.

I don't know any Java and want to spend the entire summer learning from the ground up. What are good online courses to take? Money doesn't concern me but the less the better.

I tried Coursera's Duke course but it's too slow and lost my interest. I need something that is serious and covers all the major topics.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>54982208
I'm thinking of taking this course:
https://www.udemy.com/introduction-to-java-programming/

How does the content look to everyone?
>>
>>54982208
pick up any intro book in java or c. Look read and actually work through it and google EVERYTHING you do not know, and beat yourself until you know it perfectly. Try to build a foundation for future concepts. A lot of people do badly because they rely on memorization and never internalize it and understand information well enough to form this foundation.
>>
>>54983641
This. Just get any respected book and just do all the exercises, reading the chapters as necessary.
>>
>>54983641
>rely on memorization and never internalize it and understand information

This, goes for networking as well. These people end up being able to recite random facts (either networking or java) but can't implement or create anything.
>>
>>54982208
>java class
>notoriously difficult

What the fuck? Is it only notorious because the people who take it are borderline mentally retarded? I can only see it being difficult for reasons unrelated to java (ie advanced algorithms, etc)
>>
>>54982208
!youtube Java tutorial
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.