[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Browsers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: browser.jpg (17 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
browser.jpg
17 KB, 222x227
What is the best browser?
I have been suggested Pale Moon but not sure is it's a meme.
I need a new browser as I am getting bored of Chrome.
>>
>>54981440
Try them all and see which one you like the best.
Taking advice from /g/ is deadly.
>>
>>54981440

Firefox
>>
File: image.png (872 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
872 KB, 1024x1024
>>
>>54981497
Proven with
>>54981552
>>
>>54981512
I used to use Firefox as my main browser but experienced many bugs like forgetting my passwords on certain sites.
>>
All of them are shitty in their own way. Try em all. Find the one less shitty for you. I use slimjet.
>>
Google Chrome. It's boring because it's the best.
>>
>>54981440
Firefox for noobs
Tor for tinfoil privacy cucks
Chromium/Chrome botnet
wget for pros
>>
>>54981440
there is no best browser
there is just the least shitty browser
>>
>>54982009
This
>>
As others have said, there is no perfect browser. Just browsers that are elss crappy. I personally use Maxthon on my pc, Chrome on my mobile.
>>
There is no best browser, just the best for your needs.

Chromium if you want full integration with the botnet.
Firefox for normies, or for pros if you know how to tweak it.
GNU IceCat for privacy/security (linux only).
IceCatMobile for smartphones.
Dynamic Web Browser (dwb) for power users.
Elinks for when all else fails.
>>
Anything that runs off of Firefox's old engine is garbage. That shit was bloated down so hard by those faggots trying to milk it for dollars by adding new features that it's pathetic. Mozilla Corp. took all you idiots for a ride.

Just use Chrome. If you don't want proprietary, use Chromium. Hell, Chromium is sometimes better than Chrome in terms of standards.
>>
>firefox
>vimperator
>:set gui=nonavigation
>:set hintchars=htnsaoeudi\',.pgcrlfybwvz;qjkbx

The perfect browser. Prove me wrong.
>>
brave or links web browser, very snappy!
>>
>>54981440
Nightly or Chrome
>>
I'm going to go off my anecdotal experience with each browser that I've used.
>Opera
Old version was good, hate the new version. It's stable and fast, the turbo mode is nice if you have shit internet like me.
>Vivaldi
It's Chroumium, but more customizable. It has plugin support but it does this strange thing where it doesn't load the content of a tab if I open something in a new tab until I've actually clicked on it and view the page. It also crashes randomly when I click on really large images on 4chan and Twitter.
>Chrome
Fast, uses too much RAM, spies on you, updates behind your back. Never has crashed on me a single time.
>Internet Explorer
Memes aside, the download manager and favorites is fucking asinine. Shit crashes if you go onto any website with Silverlight, Java, or Flash even if they're all shit it shouldn't crash.
>Edge
No.
>Maxathon
Hipster garbage that hired a 10 year old to design the UI. There isn't a single stable build I've ever found to even function properly.
>Firefox
Pretty UI, good addon support, but I don't like the business practices the developers have so I don't want to give them more traffic. The actual browser FUNCTIONS well (especially on mobile) but it's just a personal thing for me that I don't want to use it. I'm going to ignore the SJW meme for now because I don't want to stir shit for no reason.
>Safari
On windows it's fucking garbage. It likes to delete its own URL bar sometimes so you have to go into the preferences to re enable it. On mac it's okay, I feel like it's too simple though.

Haven't used many others. I've used chromium and ice weasel but they're pretty...normal? The default internet browser for plasma and gnome is pretty boring too.
>>
if i use chromium is it still part of the botnet

is firefox still shit? im using pale moon right now but its pissing me off
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.