[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get ready for Google's proprietary Android. It's coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: android-fail1.jpg (49 KB, 608x353) Image search: [Google]
android-fail1.jpg
49 KB, 608x353
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/06/08/google_is_taking_android_proprietary_heres_how/

>Technology analyst Richard Windsor says that a highly confidential internal project is underway to rewrite the ART runtime, removing any lingering dependencies from the freely downloadable open source AOSP (Android Open Source Project) code base.

Don't tell me you didn't see this coming from a million miles away (what with pretty much every OEM who ships Android doing this since the beginning of time).

If you needed any more proof that corporations only hype up and """""""support""""" Open Sores™ for purely financial reasons, this is it. And don't even talk about Free Software, because although its acolytes won't admit it, that movement has never been more apparently dead and defeated. We're back to the 90s, except with megacorps having way better PR.
>>
>>54980748
oh well, guess i'm done with android when this hits.
>>
>>54980783
Where are you going to go? Apple products?
>>
>>54980800
No, Innawoods
>>
>>54980783
don't update then you sissy, i'm sure no one cares about your anime pictures and mum's number on your mobile
>>
>>54980748
Custom ROMS BTFO
>>
Nice. Android might finally be able to match iOS
>>
> For example, it took two years for its launch of the 2014 version of Android (L) to overtake the 2013 version (K).

This is why I dont use android. I like it but I like getting software updates better. Keeps my devices relevant without any need to buy a new phone every 2 years.
>>
>>54980800
>>54980823
done as in done updating.

would move to a different phone OS, but stuck with a phone that doesn't have a port for any other than android.
>>
>>54980800
Dunno about him but I'm going back to a flip phone with a proper physical keyboard. Nothing more satisfying than flipping a phone shut to end a conversation.
>>
File: 1461456204108.jpg (50 KB, 676x720) Image search: [Google]
1461456204108.jpg
50 KB, 676x720
>>54980748
EMBRACED

EXTENDED

EXTINGUISHED
>>
>technology forum
>on computers
>muh loonix
>look how 1337 h@x0r i am i wiped windows and installed loonix
>muh freedums
>lol enjoy ur botnet

>>54980926
>meanwhile on smartphones
>proprietary closed source 4 lyfe
>i don't have to and can't install anything
>lmao who cares about freedom
>omg i love botnet
>>
if you have Gapps you are already on the botnet anyway.
>>
>>54980800
Kde plasma mobile.

https://youtu.be/auuQA0Q8qpM
>>
>>54981308
iDiots != /g/
>>
It just says they want to remove dependencies from a library.
Google userland (gapps) are already proprietary (which you can remove with root) and they can't make the kernel nor any derivation proprietary because it's GPL and they don't own it.

nice b8
>>
>>54981374
>This on a Pyra
I'm ready
>>
Will they write their own kernel?
>>
>>54981374
Looks promisibg!
>>
>>54980800
As if there's a shortage of older android phones on the second hand market
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.