[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /g/'s opinion on pair programming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: pairing-vocab.jpg (34 KB, 700x436) Image search: [Google]
pairing-vocab.jpg
34 KB, 700x436
What is /g/'s opinion on pair programming?
>>
does the partner blow you?
>>
The worst thing about programming is other people.
>>
Sounds gay. Any videos of how this works?
>>
>>54980095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBjVTMUQY0

But in reality it's the project manager yelling at two people to only use one keyboard, so one is writing code autonomously because he's not a fucking moron and the other jerks off in the corner because he doesn't have a way to write any god damn code.
>>
It's only good when both people have approximately the same level of skill, which hasn't happened to me yet
>>
If the guy you're being a Navigator for is a recent hire and low-skilled, then he's 100% your not-so-distant future replacement

and you're being paid to educate him

it's a completely fucked situation and you should leave the company as soon as possible
>>
>>54980050

You can do it through ssh and vim and it works great but in reality this >>54980167

If you work at some cubicle farm factory it might work but honestly who the fuck knows. It might have a point if the second person is catching shit so you never have to look at the code again but I dont see it working out that way.
>>
>can't think in peace because some guy is looking over my shoulder waiting for me to continue to type

sounds shit unless you just do code monkey stuff and shit out code without any real thought behind it
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.