[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am pretty sure this was already discussed but I really wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 13548465.png (18 KB, 477x387) Image search: [Google]
13548465.png
18 KB, 477x387
I am pretty sure this was already discussed but I really wanted to read people opinions nowadays.
I am planning to dual boot Windows and Linux. I would be using Windows for playing games and Linux for general use like browsing, coding, watching streams and etc. My question is: Which version of Windows should I use nowadays? I read around mixed opinions, some say it's better to go with Windows 7 and some say Windows 10 Enterprise is okay to use.
What is /g/ opinion?
>>
>>54977007
>>
8.1 is the last good windows. make sure to run gwx control panel or never10
>>
>>54977007
I would recommend Windows 7, but it depends if you are going to use Win8-only programs.
DirectDraw in the Win8 is shit so old games will be running awfully slow.
>>
>>54977331
I will most likely just use Steam and some Android App Player like Nox.
>>
>>54977442
Well, I have little experience using these programs, just know that I had problems with playing old games.
>>
Windows 10
If youre running windows anyway why not use the newest one?
>>
Windows 7 Enterprise Edition
>>
>>54977781
Mind if I ask why?
>>
>>54977018
>>54977056
Not the OP but which version of Windows 8.1 do you guys recommend? Pro?
>>
>>54977007
this thread is now a thread requesting a list of the updates you need to uninstall to avoid telemetry

#smashthestate
>>
File: 1461922533361.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461922533361.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>54977768
>>
Just get 10, you can waste a shitload of time trying to get "privacy" and it doesn't do shit. Find some old keycode for 7 stuck to the bottom of a laptop and get the upgrade
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.