[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firewall thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Comodo.png (48 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Comodo.png
48 KB, 256x256
Comodo Fag here, it's pretty bloated with HIPS, Snadboxin' and other bullshit built in, also has built in Facebook and Twitter shit, but at least it blocks. I'd like to find something more lightweight then this if possible, but I want to have more control over outbound and have a better GUI then Windows built in one. (Shit also admitted to being a Windows Fag).

Anything better? What does /g/ use?

In before botnets.
>>
OPNsense for your network firewall.

Panda for your host firewall.

Windows Firewall is not bad actually, you just have to remember to always respond "this is a public network" to OS inquiries when you connect to a new one.
>>
File: gw_big_logo.png (7 KB, 169x158) Image search: [Google]
gw_big_logo.png
7 KB, 169x158
Any opinions for GlassWire? Looks good, seems to be a front end for Windows own built in one, but with better interface and with lots of information in graph form.

I do wonder how much RAM and CPU it'll take up with all of its logging, also free version seems to be gimped compared to the paid one.
>>
>>54976763
Como is pretty NEAT but so heavy. For old computer tinywall is a good option.
>twitter and facebook
Well comodo is a software to normalfags.

>Windows Firewall
I can wrong ,but is comodo, panda and tinywall just a better GUI for Windows Firewall?
>>
>tinywall.pados.hu
it's basically an small frontend to windows firewall.
>>
ipfilter
>>
>>54976763
Comodo is one of the few bloated pieces of software i would actually install on my computer.
>>
>>54977500
This doesn't do pop up notifications though, which is a deal breaker for me, I would rather be let known if something is trying to access the internet then just have to deal with a error message from the program itself.
>>
File: Untitled.png (40 KB, 765x473) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40 KB, 765x473
>>54978930
>This doesn't do pop up notifications
you asked for something non-bloated and yet insist the absence of bloat is a deal breaker?
>>
I use Windows Firewall Control, at first I pirated it, but I ended up liking it so much I dropped a 10er on it just so I didn't have to find working cracks every major release, totally happy with it.

It's basically a front end for Windows built in one, but gives you lots of control and is easy to setup. Super light weight too.
>>
>>54976763
run a windows virtually in linux and then you can scan files you pull out of it for viruses. Maybe install comodo on the virtual machine for grins.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.