[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barcode Scanners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1465370618306.jpg (47 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1465370618306.jpg
47 KB, 640x512
So my wife told me about this lady who came into her work (starbucks)tonight and asked to not scan her food with the barcode scanner. Curiously, my wife asked the woman why. The woman said she was some sort of bio engineer that has been working on a study for over 30 years about what barcode scanners do to our food and how horrifying the results are in what happens to our bodies when we eat the scanned food. I've never heard of this before. Sounds like tinfoil crackpot theories. I havent found anything with google searches. Does anybody have info?

tl;dr: do barcode scanners harm us more than we think?
>>
>>54973902
That would be a very smart thing to do. As i would never think once that the bar codes are doing anything.
>>
>>>/x/
>>
Bump for interest. I learned infrared and most radio freq is negligible in such small interactions from work experience.
>>
>>54973922
Maybe the laser in the scanner has an effect on the food?
>>
>>54973902
I would be careless to discard the theory immediately, but almost certainly it is a crackpot theory just like electomagnetic hypersensitivity

Even cell phone towers and microwaved food are higher up on my list of potentialy concern

The only thing keeping me uncertain is I claim like no knowledge of quantum mechanics or barely even "normal" physics since I have just been told abstracted simplified things in school, who is to say there is not some obscure unknown effect from shining extra energy onto stuff you eat
>>
>>54973960
What is your hypothesis in regards to God and Jesus?
>>
>>54973902
I bet she ordered a decaf.
Decaf coffee beans are literally soaked in industrial solvents to get the caffeine out
>>
ask your wife's son
>>
>>54973971
well it is not really possible at the moment to reliably know whether there is a god so adamantly claiming it is not very fair but it is not fair either to adamantly claim there is none and you have not even defined what you mean by a god

I guess it is similar to but way more vague than saying there much be physical effects of doing something that we do not know as a result of not having a complete or consistent theory of the universe

is it even possible to have a complete theory of the universe from within the universe? Understanding the whole of a system while being part of the system?
>>
People think its acceptable to be stupid in public.

barcode scanners are literally red light and photo resistors. Its like putting your tinfoil hat on your food to stop it from getting irradiated by the giant fusion ball in the sky.
>>
>>54973994
Does the use of 'industrial' imply negative connotations?
>>
Doesn't most food that you scan have the barcode on the OUTSIDE of a container\box\wrapping of some sort? There's no way this affects food because the scanner (very bright light) is only near the OUTSIDE of this container. I'd be more concerned about what the container is made out of (plastics have been shown to release chemicals into food, or the adhesives used could be dodgy, or the gasses and other things they use to keep food fresh).

It's crackpot nonsense, you'd easily find something on google if there was really any concern.
>>
>>54973958
Yeah but what i attempted to say was. No one would ever think the laser is doing anything bad to it.
>>
>>54973902
The only sensible action is to ask for references to the pair reviewed papers she undoubtedly would have worked on and submitted if she had been researching the subject for 30 years.
>>
>>54974200
peer
>>
>>54974244
Luckily I have peers to review my shitty posts.
>>
>>54974261
did you plan that one?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.