[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MongoDB queries don’t always return all matching documents!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: bW4q0ZZ.jpg (15 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
bW4q0ZZ.jpg
15 KB, 480x270
>mongofags finally realize that mongo isn't ACID compliant and no sane person should use it to store anything

monofags BTFO'd
>>
>>54973005
oh shit forgot link
https://engineering.meteor.com/mongodb-queries-dont-always-return-all-matching-documents-654b6594a827#.ibmps11bq
>>
>>
What is it with all these new Databases? It seems like everyone hates normal sql and mysql.
>>
>>54976185
It's like how everybody replaced their variable declarations to auto when C++11 came out even though there was no point since they were already declared and they gained no benefit but it was neat to do so.
mongoDB was "neat" like that but unlike C11 it was not very good.

Also it sounds a lot like mongoloid, I can't believe they chose that retarded name
>>
>My company deployed mission critical/time critical/backbone servers that 100% rely on MongoDB

Ask me anything
>>
>>54976298
How webscale are you?
>>
>>54976361

Out product is 100% web-scale.
>>
>>54976298
Do you also use Node.js?
>>
>>54976298
>>54976361
could someone explain to me haow horizontal webscaling works??
>>
mongoloiDB users BTFO
>>
>>54976185

They're drawing inspiration from beautiful things like XML or the Windows Registry.
>>
what are the chances someone will query for a document while I update it?? 10%, 20%, 100%??

also, why would you want someone to read outdated documents? better ignore them in the query.

BASED MONGO
>>
>>54976808
**while the update operation runs (which probably takes 2-3 ms)
>>
>>54976808
web """""devs""""" everybody
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with MySQL
>>
>>54976825
triggered """" autisit """ everybody
>>
>>54976834
>only scales horizontally.
enjoy paying extra for top tier hardware instead of buying more cheap servers
>>
>>54976825
well, at least not every web dev is an idiot who relies on the newest fad to produce web applications, only 99% of them are.
>>
>>54976808
Thank you for your insight on this issue, Pajeet.
>>
>>54976854
You got that backwards, famalampai.
>>
>>54976824
>>54976825
>>54976859
fuck you for making me read the whole article, this is basically a non-issue and there is a workaround.

wtf is this shit. one month /g shills certain technologies, the other they attack them (like in the case of mongodb).

what did the creators of mongodb do to trigger the autists of /g
>>
>>54973005
iirc there was also the problem that mongo would save inserts and run them as batches which sometimes would result in loss of inserts(slim chance).

Worst part about mongoDB is the web "devs" that use it as a relational DB by adding their own ID on documents and then writing all joins in their code base.... "but mah meteor!!".
>>
>>54973005
>using something that starts with mongo and expecting it to work
>>
>>54976185
This doesn't have something to do with"liking". For some purposes sql is just too slow. That's why you need Web meme scaling databases.
>>
>>54977142

SQL is never slow if you know how it works and how to use it properly. Query optimization is a thing.
>>
>>54977142
Mongo is fast because it uses an event loop
>>
>>54977983
What an astounding argument.
>>
>>54976185
SQL is still great, it's just not great if you want a scalable system.
>>
>>54977200
Tell that to facebook.
>>
>>54978124
>This is what node hipster faggots actually believe
>>
>>54978143
Where is the share button on 4chan?
>>
>>54977200
No its not usable for big data. You cant update your indexes, its just too much work. NoSQL Databases are much better for that.
>>
>>54976185

Welcome to the devops revolution! Where we try to re-invent the wheel, even though there's perfectly good automobiles on the market already.

But in all seriousness, it seems in my experience the devops group is comprised of people trying to re-invent things they don't fully understand or they've no, or limited, experience in.
>>
>>54978247
What a crap you are talking. Some things are just obsolete.
E.g. Facebook CANNOT use a "normal old" database.
>>
>>54978268
They can't use fucking Mongo either.
>>
>>54976185
mysql and other relational databases scale poorly for huge amount of data

it's not about what you like, using nosql is a necessity when you grow too big.
>>
>>54978247
would you replace a freight train with automobiles?
>>
>>54978268
>Some things are just obsolete.
Yeah, nosql is obsolete. Do you realize that before a certain Englishman invented relational dbs alld dbs were "nosql"?
And guess what happened next, that's right, all nosql went straight into the trash.
I think I finally get it, all those code ninjas and webscale code artisans are de-evolving, deliberately moving into the past.
>>
>>54973005
>mongo isn't ACID compliant
most document based databases aren't meant to ACID compliant. mongo doesn't even have transactions. stop being a fucking mong.
>>
i like mariadb.
is there even a reason to use any other db? maybe sqlite for small applications. but id never use a nosql database or mysql.
>>
>mongoloids
>>
Didn't they realize what mongo stands for before they choose the name?
>>
>>54978638
What makes Cassandra so good?
>>
>>54979813

http://highscalability.com/blog/2013/8/26/reddit-lessons-learned-from-mistakes-made-scaling-to-1-billi.html
>>
>>54978268

>I'm building the next facebook, but better, bro

Yeah ....... no.
>>
>>54978536
You do realise that MariaDB is just a fork of MySQL by the original developers? Sure, it's a tiny bit better than MySQL, but 99% of it is the same shit.
>>
Oh wow, this is like the slowest, most cancerous and most incompetent reddit clone of all times.
>>
>>54976803
Fucking kek
>>
>>54980067
MySQL is actually superior as professional database devs from Oracle work on it instead of just incompetent amateurs
>>
>>54976258
>Also it sounds a lot like mongoloid, I can't believe they chose that retarded name

I C what you did there.
>>
>>54980548
Oracle's only expertise is in litigation.
>>
my or postgre?

Which does /g/ prefer?
>>
>>54978322
Stop writing retarded shit if you clearly have no knowlage of the field
>>
>>54981513
Postgres.

More features. Better performance. No insane defaults or stupid hidden behavior. Excellent documentation (seriously!). Not owned and shafted by Oracle.
>>
>>54981513
I'm not sure why people keep asking this. If you google it, the answer is unanimous: Postgres is definitely the right choice for a new project. No debate.

However, recent MySQL is much less bad than it used to be. If you have to use it (e.g an existing project), don't worry too much about it.
>>
>>54978203
Big data is like sex on /g/

Those who talk about it are the ones who don't do it.
>>
>>54977090
>/g/ is one guy

Also >/g
>>
>>54976803
Please check out our new product, XMLinGitDB.
>>
>Reads may miss matching documents that are updated during the course of the read operation.

This isn't news and well documented. This blog article is just an example of the author using his tools incorrectly.
In fact, I'd wager a large margin of developers are probably using mongo and/or mysql in improper or misconfigured ways in general.
>>
>>54973005
>the first time i heard someone talk about mongodb i thought it was an online db of down syndrome people
>i laughed about it after a quick google search later on that day
im not even joking, this was what 5~6 years ago when nosql stuff was gaining traction (dunno why, ive use [t]dbf before and people complained about it, but now thats hip everyone wanted to use it)
>still use this as a joke
>>
>Specifically, if a document is updated while the query is running, MongoDB may not return it from the query

No shit, it doesn't return correct queries while the document is being changed. Omagad, how bad it is.

/g/ is so full of retards who eat up any shit someone posts on the internet.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.