[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
to escape the bounds of earth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: galaxyboundcity.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
galaxyboundcity.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
Is there even a way to make a city launch off the surface of the planet breaking gravity and entering space? Is there even enough fuel left on the planet to use in the rockets to perform such a task? Would we have to use some kind of thermal nuclear fusion rocket? Maybe an array of them? I know it would depend on the size of a city but lets assume its big enough to hold 150000 people and supply them food grown on hydrochambers with the aquatic ecosystem biodome. If it were possible, what would it take, and do we even have the ability? Would it require tech we can't even concieve of yet?
>>
Hilariously inefficient.

Build space elevators, build your city in high earth orbit, transfer people from the planet to the city.
>>
>>54970679
Can we build that high? What keeps the elevators being ripped to shreds by weather and wind?
>>
>>54970621
Spindizzies my friend.
>>
File: great scott.jpg (66 KB, 522x460) Image search: [Google]
great scott.jpg
66 KB, 522x460
>>54970948

Great scott! That's brilliant!
>>
>>54970621
Exotic matter
>>
File: 1423225018549.jpg (92 KB, 613x1024) Image search: [Google]
1423225018549.jpg
92 KB, 613x1024
>>54970621
>breaking gravity
>gravity
Oh, you poor delusional faggot.
>>
>>54972825
this is my favorite picture. whenever I see it it makes me feel good
>>
>>54970823
Very strong materials that we do not have yet
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.