[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help Recovering Photos From Phone!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: phone.jpg (35 KB, 634x348) Image search: [Google]
phone.jpg
35 KB, 634x348
Can someone please help me get the photos off my phone? Today my friend dropped a dumbbell on my phone and destroyed the screen. The top inch of my galaxy s6 worked for about 10 minutes before it completely stopped displaying things. Here are the problems I cant get around
>The cloud didn't back up the photos because its retarded
>its a galaxy s6 so no SD card
>Somehow the screen didn't crack but everything behind the that bent backwards rendering the touch screen unusable
>the screen isn't displaying things
>BIGGEST problem, I have a mother fucking password on, WHICH, if i got past could sync the files onto my computer

PLEASE /g/ i have about 5 years worth of irreplaceable photos that I'll lose on a device that still technically works just because whoever designed the S6 had down syndrome and had no sd card for me to save things on.

Pic related, a more exaggerated version of what my phone did
>>
thanks for reminding me about making a backup
>>
>>54969310
replace the screen
>>
>>54969387
make a backup
>>
I suppose you can't run ADB?

Did you enable USB debugging?
>>
OP here. Basically what im asking is there a way to disable my password from a different device? Or even have what should be displayed on the screen be displayed on another screen like a computer monitor? AND if that is possible would i be able to interact with the display?
>>
>>54969482
Sorry but your pretty fucked. You could Chromecast the screen. Or maybe hook up a Bluetooth mouse. If you had prepped those things before fucking it up. Your best best is to take it to the shop and see what they can do. I don't suppose your pics are in the SD card? You could probably fish that out and plug it into something else. ADB would be ideal if you had USB debugging enabled but if you don't you've got no way if enabling it now the screens fucked. Shops your best bet though. Someone might be able to hook it up to another screen if they had a spare one about. Maybe you could buy a new screen on eBay and try and hook that up. But your pretty fucked.
>>
>>54969482
You probably can't input anything even if you displayed it on another screen
>>
>>54969611
He's probably not fucked

A screen replacement will almost certainly solve this. If not, he could shell out a thousand dollars to some data recovery company.
>>
>>54969611
Its not the screen thats broken dude, its actually perfectly intact, its the led display under it that is broken and bent. I have no idea how its possible but the screen is almost completely unbent, it stayed flat but under it everything bent inward.
>>
File: gorilla-glass-1.jpg (23 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
gorilla-glass-1.jpg
23 KB, 360x240
>>54969664
Glorious Gorilla Glass
>>
File: Snapchat-1735952772987658973.jpg (647 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1735952772987658973.jpg
647 KB, 1440x2560
>>54969664
Here is an actual picture of the phone. Notice how the screen is perfectly fine but the display under it is fucked
>>
>>54969782
by any chance did you have a Pin/password for logging in?
>If you did you might be able to connect a usb keyboard to unlock it.

>Also a MLH adapter might help displaying the phone on a TV.
>>
>>54969855
yes, I was thinking of getting a OTG USB adapter and hooking that up to a hdmi cable to my tv and connect a usb mouse to that. Do you think that would work?
>>
>>54969929
That sounds like a pretty solid plan.
>>
File: 1024110748.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1024110748.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>54969855

This and a USB mouse and keyboard might do the trick.
>>
>>54969936
Unless you enabled the full encryption password before you boot shit, then your fucked.
>>
>>54969946
as far as I know it was just a 4 number pin
>>
>>54969989
Should be fine then.
>>
Can I just ask why they make this shit so damn complicated?
>Why cant I open my phone from my computer?
>Why cant I ask verizon to unlock my phone if I can prove I own it
>why doesnt my phone auto back up everything like an iphone does every time its connected to wifi

how the fuck can groups like the NSA do shit like that, which would be just as useful to the own of the device
>>
>>54969387
this
>>
File: 1464818346551.jpg (369 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
1464818346551.jpg
369 KB, 3000x1688
>>54970094
Because you bought a tracking device disguised as a personal convenience.
>>
>>54969310
Ask the NSA for a backup
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.