[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do they actually help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
Do they actually help?
>>
>>54969102
Helps the airflow rather than relying fully on convection through what's probably a tightly packed device.
>>
>>54969519
Yeah obviously I know it's not some desktop CPU power cooler etc.

But wondering it it actually helps with some temps and mild gaming.I mean for the prices. Cannot be that much of a fail
>>
>>54969560
Yes they work. They move the hot air out of the laptop MUCH faster
>>
>>54969619
>laptop
>portable device
>need to carry a huge inconvenient cooler just for the laptop to function properly
>>
>>54969560
My old netbook used to get pretty hot. The pad I have would bring it down to cozy warm levels.
I also liked the pad because I could use my notebook in bed and not have the vents be blocked by the blanket.
>>
>>54969619
Not sure if sarcasm of whatever

>>54969645
Yeah i have one now . but it is used and i don't really use. but I like how it raises my laptop . which is another bonus. i was just thinking about getting a new better brand one that would probably work better
>>
>>54969641
He didn't ask was it convenient, he asked if they worked. Which they do
>>
>>54969102
yes, literally anything helps those fucking housefire machines
>>
Just put a bowl of ice next to the intake to chill things off quicker.
>>
I've never used one myself, but I've seen several people use them to great effect (i.e. their computers wouldn't throttle or outright shut down from overheating).
>>
Buy a wall to USB converter anon. Otherwise you'll fry your mobo.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.