[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are old people so incompetent with technology when it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: normalfag.jpg (150 KB, 750x740) Image search: [Google]
normalfag.jpg
150 KB, 750x740
Why are old people so incompetent with technology when it's people in their generation that created all that we have today? Do people just tend to ignore the advancements their own generation makes?
>>
>>54969049
#notalloldpeople
>>
they don't give a fuck as death is imminent and you feel like a special snowflake when you solve their needs, so it's a win/win.
>>
You stop caring about stupid shit like ricing Loonix as you get older and instead focus on making the most of your dwindling time

t. geezer
>>
Daily reminder to call your grandparents/parents. They gave everything for you, all you gotta do is say hi from time to time
>>
>>54969112
Daily reminder all my grandparents are dead and my mother uses her disability to shirk jail time. I'll thank my dad tho
>>
File: 1379370643570.jpg (68 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1379370643570.jpg
68 KB, 750x600
dad, get the fuck off /g/

moms drinking wine and pissed
>>
>>54969049
You do know that back when most old people were kids/teens/young adults, computers weren't nearly as wide-spread as they are today.

Personal computers in the 70s were very expensive and few people could afford them. Most people viewed them as being nerdy or unnecessary or both. They were largely viewed as toys for hobbyists. They also couldn't do nearly as much as they can do today.

Sure, some businesses adopted them in the 70's, but they were still expensive and most businesses preferred to go without them.
>>
>>54969049
>it's people in their generation that created all that we have today?
because technology has only become massive and cheap very recently. it was a very tiny part of that generation, mostly engineers and scientists, that created the current status.
>>
>>54969049

because back in the day anyone who used a computer was considered a complete nerd.

if you were at a party in the 80's and said you were a programmer it was a complete yawn, worse than saying you were an accountant.

to give a modern example, imagine today telling people you think android is good, its just cringeworthy.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.