[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What programming language would you recommend someone learn who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What programming language would you recommend someone learn who is interested in computers and technology but doesn't need it for his future career?
>>
>>54968413
phython
>>
>>54968451
Is it fairly universal or would you compound it with anything afterwards?
>>
>>54968512
I don't know anything about phython or programming I am not a programmer phython is just the only programming language I can name

sorry I shouldn't have given advice
>>
>>54968535
I appreciate the bump nonetheless
>>
>>54968413
C
>>
>>54968413
Python. It's easy to get into because it skips all the heavier shit other languages have for better code structure or performance. It's also popular, with a ton of third party libraries and great standard library.
>>
>>54968512
You can do literally anything with it, but it's slow
>>
learning a language != learning to code. Pick up a book on algorithms or program design and work through that instead if you wanna learn how to code. After that then look at languages to pick up. Since you're just interested in computers, I'd read about fundamentals like bits, twos compliment, von neuman ect. which you can find by googling intro ce classes
>>
>>54968792
>!=

Now this guy looks like a real programmer.
>>
>>54968792
This is awful advice.

Yes you are correct, the difficult/important bit of programming is program design, not just using the language.

But most people just do NOT learn like this. A couple autistic types do sure, but they're also not the people you need to worry about failing to learn to code in the first place. For the vast majority of people, things need a grounding practical application to be interesting/comprehensible.
>>
>>54968792
Any book recommendations? And wouldn't doing both together be ideal?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.