[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you actually pay for things with your phone on a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Mobile_payment_01[1].jpg (36 KB, 695x426) Image search: [Google]
Mobile_payment_01[1].jpg
36 KB, 695x426
How many of you actually pay for things with your phone on a regular basis?
>>
I live in New Zealand...
Sometimes I hate this country.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
>unironically trusting vulndroid with your money
>>
That's like going around a gang of niggers and flashing your butt at them
>>
No.

But watching some fuccboi Asian try to pay for over $100 worth of shit with his apple watch was fun.
>>
>Google killed support for payments on rooted/custom ROM devices
>>
>>54966081
Safer than a contactless credit card.
>>
File: 1463612911915.jpg (99 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
1463612911915.jpg
99 KB, 600x599
I haven't ever since Google Wallet turned into Android Pay and cucked anyone that dares to modify their phone.
>>
I did it once, but now I added a bigass battery to my phone that disables NFC so it would no longer work.

Also it wasn't much faster than just getting a card out of my wallet.
>>
>>54966057
I use my iphone on the london underground (tube) every day and in coffee shops, etc. actually i use it pretty much everywhere now i think about it lol
>>
I would here and there just for kicks if there was an app that supported BB10OS. It's alright though, it'd just be a novelty, I'm a cash sort of a guy.
>>
>>54966403
How well does it work? I'm thinking about getting the 7 when it comes out, but my 5s still works perfectly fine.
>>
>>54966095
Rootcloak mang
>>
>>54966057
never. i use a fucking card because im not a fucking mong
>>
I don't even use banks except for having a savings account, I use all cash. If I refuse to even get a debit or credit card than I sure as hell am not going to use a phone. Also I only use pre-paid phones so I couldn't anyway.
>>
>>54966511
>Also I only use pre-paid phones so I couldn't anyway
>implying you can't get a phone with NFC on a prepaid plan
>>
>>54966540
I mean I could if I paid enough but I only buy cheap ones that barely have internet capability.
>>
I used Samsung pay like twice.

I mainly use the Wawa app that gives you rewards.
>>
No merchants use it.
The ones that do either dont train their employees on it or its barely implemented properly.
If you take out your phone to make a purchase you look like a retard.
If you take out your phone to make a purchase and it takes even a second longer than just using a card, everyone in line immediately hates you, the fucking chip is bad enough.

Its fucking meme tech, at least in burgerland.
>>
>>54966573
>The ones that do either dont train their employees on it or its barely implemented properly
What kind of fucking training do they need? Literally all they need to do is activate the card reader
>>
>>54966573
>No merchants use it.

Does it not work in all the same places an nfc debit card works? Those are pretty common nowadays in Canada.
>>
>>54966592
Yeah, go into a cvs or some shit and see how well that works, they have no idea how to handle it on the register and have no idea what payment system their using or accept and have no fucking clue how to find out.

These stupid fucks spent an assload of money putting all these readers and shit at the POS and no one has any idea how it works.

I tried and I quit, its not worth the hassle.
>>
I have used it quite often and it is cool, actually fucking works with my Note 5.

I got one of those crazy slim leather wallets on Ebay, so no need for this, I can store cash also.

But, this is a good backup option if for whatever reason I forgot my wallet at home.
>>
>>54966086
A fast and easy way to have a good time?
>>
>>54966057
almost never. only to buy music from the google music store on the rare occasions I do.
>>
>>54967004
If by "good time" you mean a bleeding asshole and no money
>>
File: 3798962-4724566330-379887.jpg (20 KB, 582x386) Image search: [Google]
3798962-4724566330-379887.jpg
20 KB, 582x386
>>54967015
>>
>>54966057
The one time I tried using NFC payments, the cashier canceled the transaction twice and then freaked out thinking that I was trying to hack his register with my phone and told me to leave.

I just use cash now.
>>
>>54966057
>putting your payment information on a thing connected to the internet
L O L
O
L

Who here /writing checks/?
>>
>>54966095
Add the card before you root it dumbass
>>
>>54967300
No checks, just cash
>>
>>54966057
i've never used anything but cash to pay for things
except online stuff of course
>>
>>54967315
Even better, desu cumpai.
>>
>>54967300
only geriatric cucks
https://fusion.net/story/309392/stop-using-paper-checks/
>>
>>54967469
>don't have a nigger bank
>dispute any checks that you didn't personally write
I don't see the problem here.
>>
Never I use my debit card for touch and pay
>>
File: 1443925054189.gif (4 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1443925054189.gif
4 MB, 320x180
As expected, /g/ is full of tinfoil wearing luddites
>>
>>54966057
Never, I don't see it as a convenience.
>>
>>54966097
>using a contactless credit card
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.