[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSI 750 TI for 50$ Worth it or naw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 51TDV1uuVNL._SX425_.jpg (24 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
51TDV1uuVNL._SX425_.jpg
24 KB, 425x319
My brother just upgraded to a MSI 980, and needs to get rid of his 750, hes offering to sell it to me for $50. Hes been using it for 5 months, for all of which he had it overclocked. I'm building my /battle-station/ on a $1000 budget. this deal looks like it could significantly reduce the cost of a decent graphics card and let me spring for some better peripherals. A new MSI 750 ti is $120, and a used one can range form $80 to $120. What are your experiences with buying used graphics cards? 750tis? and is this deal worth it on my quest to get a new /battle-station/?
>>
>>54965150
it's 2 gens old and pretty much worthless at this point.
if you don't need to do any GPU intensive tasks you can tell your brother to stop being a jew and just gift it to you.

seriously who the fuck asks for money from their own brother when it's just 50$?

now fuck off.
>>
GTX 950 75W or wait for GTX 1050
>>
>>54965150
You're adopted, OP
>>
>>54965150
As short-term solution to save up some more and buy a better card down the road? Do it.

As long-term solution to stick with it and actually expect high-end gaming for 2 maybe 3 years? Absolutely not.
>>
>>54965150
if he is your brother, why doesn't he just give it to you?
>>
>>54965218
>it's 2 gens old

It's still a Maxwell card, regardless of what's on the box.

>>54965549
>actually expect high-end gaming for 2 maybe 3 years? Absolutely not

Don't expect high end gaymen out of the box today, unless you lock at 30fps. Although it can't even manage a locked 30 at console-equivalent settings in some newer titles like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Homefront.
>>
>>54965150
It's basically like putting an Xbox 360 in your computer, except all the games run at 60 fps.

You can technically play newer games with it, but the performance will be crappy.

But for games made in 2013 or earlier it's great.

There's still a lot of fun to be had with this GPU, and for $50 I think it's worth it.
>>
>>54965150
For $50 with low expectations from a random stranger? Yeah I guess it's serviceable.

For $50 from your own damn brother? Fuck no. Just to spite him for not being cool and just giving it to you.
>>
>>54965150
Just buy an RX 480 at the end of the month man

and buy an i7 6700 with an MSI B150 Pro-VD board

or spend more on your display and buy a 1080p 144hz free-sync display, they're like $200 right now
>>
>>54965686
Maxwell has no A-sync support, it'll be dead in the water as more and more games use A-sync
>>
200$ 480 in a month
200~ i5 whatever
150 mobo
50$ ram,
400 left for hdd monitor Key/mou or whatever you arent reusing. how is having to buy an expired old piece of shit card even on the table with a 1000 dollar budget
>>
>>54967326
Literally no nvidia card supports hardware async including gtx 1080
>>
>>54967326
Because a $50 750 Ti would be playing the latest AAA gaymes using async compute at an acceptable framerate if it had support for it after all.
>>
File: 99 KB.png (99 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
99 KB.png
99 KB, 250x232
>>54965150
>I'm building my /battle-station/ on a $1000 budget.

Everybody in this thread seems to have missed this line.

And because of it the answer to you OP is "hell no".

On that budget you have no reason have such a piddling GPU. There will be people who spent 1/2 of what you are planning to spend who will be playing games at far higher settings than you are.

I say wait until AMD reveals the higher-end of their new GPU lineup. The RX 480 is already a very powerful GPU for $239, and at your budget you can probably afford the next one they release up from that, which will likely be called the RX 490. It will probably be around $339 and the performance will be 10x what that little 750 ti could provide for you.

Even spending over $300 on a GPU the $700 in your budget left over will be more than enough to still build a powerful machine.
>>
>>54965150
your brother is a money hungry kike, don't give him any.
>>
>>54965150
>$1000 budget
What are you really building the pc for? If you're gonna spend most of it on the cpu, then you don't even need a gpu to begin with. Most cpu nowadays come with their own graphics processing.
>>
>>54965150
Sure, buy your brothers old card, use it for a few months until the aftermarket cards from the new gen come out, then decide if you want to spend 200ish on a 480 or 400ish on a 1070. You should be able to save up more money by then. You can keep the 750ti in case your new card ever fucks up or you want to build a cheap media/light gaming/emulation rig for your living room tv.
>>
>>54967326
Hurr
>>
>>54967385
this guy. Your jewbro can't even sell that shit of a card. i know i have one. It's a ok card plays everything on med.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.