[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my 1000 watt psu died today after only having it for 3 weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: fsp-fsp300-60ghs-300w.jpg (469 KB, 911x608) Image search: [Google]
fsp-fsp300-60ghs-300w.jpg
469 KB, 911x608
my 1000 watt psu died today after only having it for 3 weeks . i was running 2 gpus on it. when it died the 2 gpus were super hot. what do you think killed the psu. could it be the outlet in my house was not giving it enough power ?
>>
It was just faulty, get it replaced.
>>
>>54964468
Thank god for your in depth and comprehensive input Anon. What would he have done without you.
>>
File: 134.gif (3 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
134.gif
3 MB, 150x150
No, you idiot. GPUs run super hot, especially if you have two of them. It's normal for them to reach 80c under load.

Your PSU was either a no brand chinashit which it probably was considering how quickly it failed, but if you are running something that's 80 plus gold or better I'd check the cables unless you are absolutely positive the PSU is bust.

As for the new PSU, buy at least Corsair CX if you can't afford better.
>>
>>54964712
He was right and got are a cunt
>>
>>54964312
>gpus hot
>not enough power
What is electricity?
>>
>>54964712
Read the sticky, faggot. This board isn't a tech troubleshooting service.
Even if it were, you can't expect people to tell you where exactly the problem lies when you provide us with this little information. So instead of posting on /g/, then complaining when nobody can magically tell you what the issue is, you should follow the other anon's advice and get a replacement. Tell CS what you think may be the issue while you're at it.
Now get out and stay gone until you fixed that entitledness of you.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 750x746) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 750x746
>tfw bought a chinkshit 1000w psu >on Amazon for 25 bucks 6 years >ago
>tfw I've pushed it way past 1000w
>tfw it's 80 plus silver
>tfw
>>
Replace it and you'll be fine. If your gpu's weren't getting enough power they wouldn't be hot and your pc would have a noticeable difference in how it runs. What are your specs tho
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.