[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 1434753837534.jpg (708 KB, 800x1700) Image search: [Google]
1434753837534.jpg
708 KB, 800x1700
What went wrong?
>>
Normies.
>>
>>54964092
COMPUTERS FOR THE REST OF US
>>
File: 1425444703308.png (175 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
1425444703308.png
175 KB, 800x850
>9 years later
>still astronomically assdevastated
never change /g/
>>
>>54964092
Your mom.
>>
>>54964092
Because the first ones you show are for 0.1% of the market.
Not worth producing shit for a few guys on /g/ who would actually use it.
>>
>>54964162
That's why we have things like OpenPandora/Pyra, Neo900, etc.
>>
>>54964162
>a phone that does phone tasks but can also be used as a full desktop while charging is for 0.1% of the market

Ok kid.
>>
>>54964198
I was talking about the UMPC's but I think 0.1% is quite accurate for the docked smartphone to PC thing, if we don't count the tablet, laptop plug-in keyboard smartphones, witch is a thing thanks to Android.

People have their muh macbook air's and shit, and poorer people just buy netooks, nobody wants a ubuntu machine what lags openoffice.
>>
Enterprise level tech is seen as shit by normies like Continuum and stuff.

Also intel began jewing his customers with the the Atom cpu's mostly lenovo and asus.

Then intel's mobile x86 plan went to the shit when they prefered selling the underclocked high end variant for "free".

Also the ubuntu edge failed not because of its ambition, but because it didnt get funded, it was being shilled on USA which is know to be Apple's territory, the ubuntu edge was more like the "enthusiast" phone rather than the phone for the average starbucks blonde
>>
>>54964181
>Open pandora
No we don't. That shit was sold out in like five minutes, backordered for a few months, sold out again, and then never heard of again.

So I don't know why you fags keep bringing it up as a viable option when it has been sold out for like ten years!
>>
>>54964578
I had several, the original and 1GHz editon, how fucking hard is it to buy it from someone?
>>
>>54964092
Google Glass creeper people the Fuck out, but ms is working on halolens, but might be vaporware.

Umpcs in the day were terrible, acctually good atoms and tablets acctually made them good and affordable. You should be glad about that.

Plugging your phone into monitors is acctually something that'd only be good for normies. Desktops will always have much better performance, using your phone like that is retarded if you're doing more than the most basic tasks.
>>
>>54964628
Halolens is already shipping dev units for a while, wtf dude.
>>
>>54964181
And those are simply really shit.
>>
>>54964644
Glass shipped dev units too.
>>
>>54964682
I know, I own one, so it's not vaporware.
>>
>>54964198
Because you need access to a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse. Chances are if you have access to a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse a desktop computer is nearby. Unless you carry them around with you. At that point you should just get a laptop.
>>
>>54964092
apple
>>
I dont get it.

What exactly do you want to do on your smartphone that you cant?

They do practically everything. I dont see how that is a toy.
>>
I would reckon the new A73 might be a good boost for mobile technology and could unleash some yet-unseen potential.
>>
>>54964711
I guess you can define vaporware like that, but what I meant is that it was canceled before coming to market for real.

>>54964742
Exactly. And using a 2w tdp atom as a desktop replacement would suck badly.
>>
>>54964742
>Chances are if you have access to a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse a desktop computer is nearby.

With none of your files synced across them.
>>
>>54964861
do you take public transport? virtually all everyone does is play shitty puzzle games that kids played on school computers over a decade ago, or they text someone. niggers are too stupid to do even that so they just talk loudly on them or play music.
>>
>>54964092
apple
/thread
>>
>>54964928
So what? What exactly do you do on your phone when you are on the bus?

Fucking kids with superiority complex. You are not better than anyone.
>>
>>54964092
The world is filled with selfish idiots.

http://tenonebuying.xyz/aff1/index.html
>>
Physical keyboards on phones made them require 4 layers of exterior material and some kind of bulky joint between the two and made finding a decent looking case and waterproofing a pain in the ass, and I think google glass tried to be a phone by itself instead of a Bluetooth peripheral. I still think glass would make for a neat ballistic computer that lets you shoot from the hip and still hit something but it's not worth having to buy anything from google.
>>
I GRACE THIS SHIT THREAD WITH GOODNESS
>>
>>54964885
Yeah because the Internet doesn't exist.

I'll do everything on a slow as fuck atom because I'm too retarded to enter my username and password to access my files....

>>54964928
No one said they didn't.

But what is it that smartphones can't do? They have Web browsers and adblock which acctually renders basically everything perfectly and doesn't lag, working with embedded audio, video, etc. Light-years ahead of pre-ios/android smartphones.

They have apps to just about anything. And if you can always use it as a thin client and remote it to a PC, with remote apps that work really well.
>>
>>54964885
Is this actually a problem people have? Just carry a USB, or have the files on your laptop, or use one of the 100 forms of cloud shit. If you're going to be working with files when you're away from your work or home computer just be prepared.
>>
>neckbeard: the thread
>>
Google sucked with presenting
The google glass
>>
>>54965106
You sucked with presenting
Your post
>>
>>54964623
>implying I have friends
Pretty hard. Those little shits don't go on ebay all too often. Just because you got lucky enough to get two different editions doesn't mean we all are
>>
>>54964092
Upper thing is bullshit, cause cloud and looks stupid.
>>
>>54965005
I'M FULLY ERECT
>>
>>54964162
>0.1% of the market
miniPCs? loads of tv-boxes (miniPCs) are on the market. windows based.
>>
parents giving their 2 year old kids smartphones? yeah i don't know how but it's happening
>>
>>54964257
>and poorer people just buy netooks
Netbooks aren't produced anymore.
>>
>>54964181
Neo900.
Still didn't came out.
Cortex A8 processor.
>>
>>54966798
Chromebooks are the new netbooks, aren't they?

Also there was that Asus 205ta last year with Windows.
>>
File: 1453851669333.jpg (89 KB, 500x576) Image search: [Google]
1453851669333.jpg
89 KB, 500x576
>>54964928
what do you do exactly with your phone when you take public transport?

the edge is strong with this one
>>
>>54964113
/end thread
>>
>>54964092

have you ever worked help desk, I do. People are fucking retarded when it comes to anything having to do with computers, and technology in general.
>>
>>54964092
Apple
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.