[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would make a programmer patrician tier, /g/? >languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: borgodoro-box_1024x1024.png (2 MB, 1024x898) Image search: [Google]
borgodoro-box_1024x1024.png
2 MB, 1024x898
What would make a programmer patrician tier, /g/?

>languages
>frameworks
>>
actually writing code instead of wasting your time bikeshedding
>>
>>54960715
JS + node
>>
C/C++
>>
>>54960715
Plankül for "I'm so pro that I can use old german made programming language"

And Python because they fucked up in life and they want to be fucked by a phyton.
>>
Being able to read other people's shitty code.
Understand design patterns.
Understanding version control.
Understanding product management.
Understanding release management.
Understanding how to gather user requirements.
Approaches to debugging.
Problem isolation.
Understanding databases, filesystems, networking.

Any procedural OO language (C#, Java).
Any declarative presentation language.
Any declarative query language.

Clean shaven.
Non creepy smile.
Firm handshake.
Eye contact.
Ability to mix with others.
Ability to ignore the ignorant and idle whilst enabling them.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>54961795
>Ability to ignore the ignorant and idle whilst enabling them.
you clearly aren't a patrician programmer, else you wouldn't be posting ITT
>>
>>54961827
how so?
>>
not on /g/ is a good start
>>
>>54960747
this
>>
>>54961865
Nobody will hire me, and there's nothing worthwhile that one programmer can do by himself, so this is my best option.
>>
>>54961711
It's Plankakül, you idiot.
>>
>>54961906
It's a good job you have the efforts of decades of open source developers to help you then isn't it.

You're not alone.
>>
>>54961914
Found the sjw.
>>
>>54961914
Kalkül
calculate
>>
>>54961947
Force yourself into a schedule. Do 4-5 problems a day and understand how to solve them. Once your get your first job it's easy from there. Just practice those interview problems.
>>
>>54960715

having a job where you get paid to write code so you can move out of ur moms basement and stop jerking off about how great haskell is
>>
>>54961947
How is giving free labor to freetards a better use of my time than staring at the ceiling?
>>
>>54962220
you're building a portfolio that you can present to potential employers, as opposed to telling them you spent the past X months doing wank (literally and figuratively)
>>
>OS
Gentoo
>Language
C
>Editor
Vim
>Build tool
GNU Make
>Compiler
GCC
>>
>>54960715
Dressing in girl clothes.
>>
>>54961795
underrated

I'd just add haskell and lisp, to make your overall skill cleaner
>>
>>54961851
I'll pick an educated guess and say you are contradicting yourself by saying 'ignore the ignorant' while posting in /g/
>>
>>54962220
Gives you experience and something to show when you're being interviewed to apply for a job.
>>
>>54961795
>Ability to mix with others
you sound disgusting
>>
>>54963182
Would Erlang fall into that category?
>>
>>54960715
>languages
C
>frameworks
What are you, some kind of a faggot?
>>
>>54960747
first post best post
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.