[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy claims that Roger Dingledine is next to get booted from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
This guy claims that Roger Dingledine is next to get booted from the Tor Project
>>
>>54958118
Rumours were circling about Jacob for years, sure, but it was on the down low. The new allegations I'm told are much more concrete than previous ones and come directly from the victim (haven't seen them myself, that's the police's job). I haven't seen any suggestion Roger acted inappropriately. Failed to act on rumours? Maybe, but the trouble is were not talking about the base rate here: Tor is an organisation which has been repeatedly targeted by governments, JTRIG has a unit which does discrediting via false allegations (which muddies the waters unhelpfully to everyone), and Jake always had a fast answer for everything.

Looking back, maybe a bit too fast. Sometimes it takes hindsight to see the signs. I fear at least some of the allegations may be true. Roger might feel like an idiot if they do indeed turn out to be true, but I think his actions are entirely defensible.

I guess we'll see. There's little point shitposting about it now.
>>
Literally who?
>>
Thank fuck people are more worried about political correctness over getting a job done.
>>
/pol/ here

about time these pedo degenerate fucks get the boot
>>
>Appelbaum is an atheist[50] of Jewish background and identifies himself as queer, "though he refers to at least a dozen female lovers in nearly as many countries".[4] He also is an anarchist[4] and enjoys photography.[51]
cannot contain the amount of fedora
>>
>>54958118
>>54958362
What did Jacob do? I see a lot of noise but no actual statements.
>>
>>54958118
>Dingledine
Heh
>>
>>54958377
Journalist, activist, part developer. He did mostly PR for Tor (state of the onion, etc) so this isn't really helpful there. One thing people have accused him of is badgering people to co-submit papers, sort of co-opting their work. I think the narrative is that he did this to build fame and status so he could sleep with people. I don't know if that's true but he did offer to co-submit with me once. Said no. He never asked me again. Meh.

>>54958409
/pol/, with the way things are going about hate speech, you might soon need Tor to speak freely.

Not that I agree with the shit you post, just saying.

Also none of the allegations involve children. I think everyone knows he likes threesomes (he owns a fucksaw) and he can badger people for them, sure. That's no secret or problem at all: although if he's been disrespecting boundaries, that's worrying.

>>54958475
Saw him wear a pork pie hat once I think?
>>
>>54958587
it is from when he was a kink.com employ.
>>
>>54958587
>although if he's been disrespecting boundaries
says who
>>
>>54958587
i briefly visited the site where the storys about him are posted

to sum it up it was mainly storys about appelbaum being a autistic dick

i just dont get why people are so inapt to just tell that guy to fuck off and dont make a giant shit fest out of it

>suprise that guy is a giant asshole
>nobody just tells him to fuck off and all keep orbiting him accumulating fuck ups of his total social retardnis
>suddenly critical mass is reached
>a supernova of shitposting appears

its like highschool
only on the internet
and with fedoras and cyberpunk themes
>>
>>54958562
He apparently harassed women, but there is no solid proof. Just a gaggle of cunts getting together to make wild accusations.
>>
>>54958802
So he did absolutely nothing wrong?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.