[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHIP computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: photo-original[1].jpg (127 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
photo-original[1].jpg
127 KB, 1024x768
Did you guys get yours yet? They did say June.
>>
I can get a better computer for free out of a dumpster
>>
>>54957090
can you tape that dumpster pc on the back of a flat screen?
>>
>>54957057
I ordered one yeah and I haven't even gotten an update about shipping info yet. They're probably not going out for a little while longer.
>>
the kickstarters ship out at the beginning of june i guess, the preorders are supposed to ship in the latter half of the month
>>
>>54957280
Yes. Go shill elsewhere faggot.
>>
File: 1378408678949.gif (1017 KB, 203x283) Image search: [Google]
1378408678949.gif
1017 KB, 203x283
>>54957314
>hourly nVidia and AMD threads on the front page
>calls the guy asking about a $9 circuit board a shill
>>
File: 1364830389024.png (114 KB, 304x202) Image search: [Google]
1364830389024.png
114 KB, 304x202
>>54957340
> not filtering threads that have "AMD" or "nVidia" in their OP.
>>
>>54957057
Why would you even bother?

Orange pi pc is significantly better.
>>
>>54957530
It's cheaper and smaller.
>>
I ordered a PocketCHIP. Was apprehensive but it looks like a neat and usable device for its price.
>>
>allwinner SOC
Nah
>>
op here
>>54957530
I have some spare PC's laying around and could setup any of them to do server stuff right now, but I really feel like there's a novelty in doing that stuff with a cheap-o tiny single-board pc. I've never had one of these before, I just want to get my hands on one and play with it.

I'm genuinely curious to see how hard I can run one of these things. I have a bunch of velcro strips and I'm just going to adhere it to the back of one of my TV's.

I've been too cheap to buy a Raspberry Pi and it's impossible to find the Pi-Zero $5 pc for $5, so CHIP has been the cheapest one even though I've had to wait this long.

Unlike running one of my old computers as a server, I don't imagine any of these single-board pc's make any sound since they don't have cooling fans.
>>
File: AYYYY BABY.jpg (74 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
AYYYY BABY.jpg
74 KB, 600x900
>>54957356
>not filtering threads that have PC, Linux, Windows, OSX, Nvidia, AMD, Gaming, OS or Software
ISHYGDDT
>>
I want to build a portable man in the middle system, can i plug this in a 12000mah battery and go to starbucks and shit?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.