[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop won't shutdown, even when I perform a hard reset.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: received_817930208351589.jpg (13 KB, 320x274) Image search: [Google]
received_817930208351589.jpg
13 KB, 320x274
Laptop won't shutdown, even when I perform a hard reset. Held down my power button for many seconds to no avail. Haven't found any person with a similar problem on internet forums. Yelp.
>>
>>54955229
Throw it on the ground.
>>
Have you tried rebooting
>>
locate where the hard drive is
Hit that area as hard as you can
This will put your hard drive into arrest and prevent it from corrupting itself while you attempt to deal with this problem
You're gonna want to hit it a few times
>>
>>54955229
its probably thirsty pour a glass of water on it.
>>
Remove the battery
>>
Unplug the charging cable and take out the battery that should probably switch off the laptop.
>>
>>54955229
Install gentoo
>>
>>54955229
Install gentoo to see if problem persists
>>
File: placebo.png.webm (12 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
placebo.png.webm
12 KB, 440x440
>>54955363
this op
>>
>>54955363
Not easily possible, laptop has several thin batteries which are awkward to deal with. Just tried before. This problem occurred while I was installing Ubuntu which is a shame since I was looking forward to a good os. Better luck next time.
>>
>>54955229
Remove the hardrive and the battary. Wrap them both in a blanket (preferably warm) and leave them out for at least 3-4 hours. Take them out of the blankets and insert them back into your laptop and eureka! It's working again!
>>
>>54955229
Your button is broken you numbskull
>>
>>54955229
Remember when Palm Pilots (& lookalikes) were actually a thing?
Shit was so cool back then.

I had a palm pilot in 2001 I think it was. I remember seeing the first "smartphones" in the frys newspaper ads just a couple years later.

And now look at us. Nearly everyone has an android device, an iphone, or a blackberry. Or the few windows phone users.

Still. I thought it was so cool that I could write little notes on that palm pilot. And there was a calendar app. And even a shitty spreadsheet app.

Now I've got a OnePlus that plays all my music, takes high-quality pictures, and sometimes I even turn the apache server on, and host my files on a hotspot it generates, just for the hell of it.

Man how times change.

/end blog
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.