[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Linux Kernel Config
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: menuconfig.gif (46 KB, 700x432) Image search: [Google]
menuconfig.gif
46 KB, 700x432
The Linux Kernel config menu has many options. What site or document explains these options.
>>
>>54953671
https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/
>>
make localmodconfig

Never look at that shitty page again
>>
>>54953694
but I still want to select options on my own. This way I know the system
>>
>>54953732
Then read >>54953683 and be aware that if you want to do this it will take literally over 10 hours and you will not understand any more about your system, you'll just be reading concise descriptions and forgetting them moments later.
>>
>>54953756
Well I am up for the task of going through every option and I disagree that I won't understand more about my system.. I know a few of the options to configure and know that those options help to make a simpler kernel
>>
>>54953732
It's pretty self-explanitory
Basically it's just a matter of adding support you want to the kernel; and you can choose to have them load as a module.

Don't be a retard please.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.