[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what I hate? Older people who they they are _extremely_
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: C64c_system.jpg (424 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
C64c_system.jpg
424 KB, 1280x1024
You know what I hate? Older people who they they are _extremely_ superior to all us young people because they used shit technology in your childhood. Yes grandpa, sorry I grew up with a GUI and didn't have to write programs to get any functionality at all out of my computer. I guess I'm a spoiled millenial. P.S. you are a piece of shit because you had a monitor instead of just jamming punch cards into a big metal box
>>
pity bump you retard who still lives with his mother, all millennial are fucking worthless, hth
>>
>>54953578
fuck off, you little shit.
>>
>justin is so desperate to build some strawmen that he's starting his own threads now
lmao
>>
>>54953578
>and didn't have to write programs to get any functionality at all out of my computer.

Actually...you did. You may not have realized you were doing it, but what when you were combining software to accomplish various tasks on your computer you were programming it in the way the most of the "old school" of computer users referred to writing their own programs. Most of them were only linking together small programs that had already been written to accomplish some particular task.

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvDZLjaCJuw

Now real programming aka writing code is a different matter altogether and that's what we usually think as programming today, but it wasn't always as such.

Not many people since the mid-1980s were writing their own programs. Even "old" people probably were not using computers very much then. If you know someone who was actually writing their own programs from scratch back then you should probably show them a little bit of respect because they are the ones who enabled us to be here communicating at all.
>>
>>54953578
fuck off retard
>>
>>54954174
nobody even knows what unix pipes are grampa
>>
File: taste of india.webm (831 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
taste of india.webm
831 KB, 854x480
>>54953578
Fuck off kid. Go shoot yourself in the face or chop your dick off and dress as a woman like all the other edgy teens your age do.
>>
dude do you have any idea how many layers of contrariety I'm on
>>
>>54953578
COMMODORE SUXXX
>>
>>54954764
ATARI SUXXX
>>
I think it's fair to say that we are spoiled by hardware to a certain extent.

Not that everything should be written in ASM, but there's really way too much garbage code that runs like ass out there. It's frightening to think that there are system requirements for accessing motherfucking websites now.

Devs should be forced to use computers from at least 10 years ago.
>>
>>54956577
>Devs should be forced to use computers from at least 10 years ago.
i agree with this

>develop website/game/application on dual-GTX1080, dual-XeonWhatever infernostation with 128G of DDR4
>get it to run at a "silky smooth 30fps"
>wonder why people are complaining about the performance
>>
>>54954174
>unix pipes
Lol javascript is a thing
>>
>>54956577
deadlines > optimization
>>
File: badger.gif (201 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
badger.gif
201 KB, 275x200
>>54953578

I don't like condescending people, wether they are old or young..

I get what you are saying, but maybe try to understand how it used to be some decades ago:

Most people who were using a computer had at least some basic knowledge about how it works.

Even for simple stuff like copying a file you had to use the command line, and back then MS DOS wasn't so different from Linux. Even Linux was completely different, you had to mount your devices instead of the Plug&Play feeling which is standard on most Linux distros nowadays.

Back then the difference between "using a pc" and "programming" was very small. Even a non-programmer had to manually launch stuff and know some commands, so putting down some lines in a "programming langauge" wasn't that much difference.

It came down to people either being "into computers" or not. Even Leightweight users who just wanted some simple EDP aided text editing knew some "computer guys" who could help them to set things up or fix shit.

Now fast forward this 25 years:
The IT world is populated by noobs and economy guys. The internet is full of content by retarded people. The masses are everywhere and play in their enclosed aeras, controlled and herded like sheep. The internet is under control of the gouverments.

It's hard, it's really damn hard to not get nostalgic and to not hate the masses who made the IT world (and the internet) what it is today..
>>
>>54953578
go to bed lil nigga
>>
>>54956541

SINCLAIR IS FOR POORFAGS!
>>
>>54953578
AHAHAHA, kek'd
>>
>>54954348
I'm 23 and I do. You're just lame, sure you belong in /g/?
>>
Young people don't understand computers/computing AT ALL.

All you little faggots do is USE software. Whop-de-fucking do.

Even you young linux faggots don't understand what the fuck is going on under the hood.

Pathetic.
>>
<puts on janies gotta gun>
>>
>>54953578
You're just jealous over the fact that you're a spoiled millenial piece of shit. I freely admit I am one.
>>
>>54958521
Hey, faggot, speak for yourself. Just because /g/ has been overrun with stupid iFaggots from /b/, /v/, and Reddit, it doesn't mean all younger people are idiots.
In every group of people, there are those who excel with computers and those who are fucking retarded with computers. The retards here are simply using the board as a stomping ground for shitposting.
>>
>>54953860
>all millennial are fucking worthless
Says the millennial.
>>
>>54954705
Wtf is that webm from oh my god
>>
>>54956789
>>54958521
>remembering 3-4 commands to run Lotus 1-2-3 makes you a savant
oh boy where do these memes come from

the average computer user was always retarded, especially PCtards
>>
99% of /g/ users don't know the difference between the heap and the stack.

99% of /g/ users don't know what registers are.

99% of /g/ users don't know what device mapping is.

And on and on and on and on...

Yet they make statements about what os is superior/inferior, or what hardware is superior inferior.

Pissing in an ocean of piss.
>>
>>54959725
The ones on the cusp of gen-x ie: 80-85 see how worthless our generation is more easily than later millennials.

t. '83
>>
>>54962837
Fuck man stack programming languages are retarded.
>>
File: yui.png (140 KB, 362x908) Image search: [Google]
yui.png
140 KB, 362x908
>>54953578
>be my mom
>get into building computers in the late '80s early '90s
>be in community computer clubs
>be around for the hype of Doom and Quake
>fast-forward: 2016, two kids later
>main computer: iPad
>primary applications: Candy Crush, Facebook
>Laptop: some over-powered over-priced HP piece of shit
>Has sent it out multiple times for servicing(RAM replacement, HDD replacement)
I seriously wonder if she was replaced by reptilians or some shit. How do you go from being pretty technically literate in a time where it was harder to be technically literate to being a complete normie when it's easier than ever to know the basics.

>tfw she "g-cycled" her IBM Model-M when I wasn't paying attention
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.