[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
its going to be good as a Haswell E like they said it would, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: i-am-zen.png (86 KB, 716x237) Image search: [Google]
i-am-zen.png
86 KB, 716x237
its going to be good as a Haswell E like they said it would, right?
>>
>Q3 '14 perf
>in Q4 '16

Even if they could deliver that, why would you want it now that Broadwell - E is out and Skylake - E will be out not long after if not before the release of Zen? Also keep in mind there's probably only going to be 3 offerings from AMD that will "compete" with Haswell-E.
>>
>>54953554
Because I'll be getting i7 Extreme performance at half the price
>>
>>54953567
We've yet to see any real performance markers from Zen. I would be impressed if anything in Zen even competes with a 4790k.

If Intel actually has competition, they will price to compete. Thing is zen will not compete with Haswell-E or Broadwell-E, so you're going to be paying half the price for maybe 3/4ths the performance at best. If you want the best of the best and money isn't an obstacle, you'll go Intel every time.
>>
>>54953520
Maybe. It'll probably be within 10% of Haswell-E depending on how it clocks, and win out in int workloads thanks to moar coars. I'd bet my life savings on it still handedly losing in heavy fpu stuff.
They're coming in with a 95w TDP, so it'll be interesting to see what they achieve at least. Would be kind of miraculous if AMD had a clock speed advantage thanks to all the power saving IP that came up with in coping with the Bulldozer family.

>>54953554
6 core/12 thread i7 6850k is $617
Top binned 8 core/16 thread Summit Ridge will probably sell for $500

>>54953600
Zen is a core architecture, not a product line.
Summit Ridge specifically is competing against intel's i7 Extreme line of processors, it is not a mainstream desktop part. Its a many core chip with moderate clocks intended for heavily threaded workloads.
>>
>>54953600
3/4ths of HaswellE performance sounds bretty good
better than my i5 atm
>>
Its gonna be another bulldozer
AMDefunct 2016
>>
>>
File: Zen_Summit_Ridge_First.jpg (73 KB, 369x676) Image search: [Google]
Zen_Summit_Ridge_First.jpg
73 KB, 369x676
>>
>>54953554
Because it will be affordable unlike jewtel and their insane pricing.
>>
>>54957416
Stop being poor. Seriously, ew. I loathe being associated with peasants like you.
AMD is the only way to go, but in the words of our lord and savior DMX, "It ain't even about the dough, it' about getiing down with what you stand for yo."
I really wish AMD would charge more to weed out filth like you. Only true supporters deserve their very fine products.
>>
>>54957466
AMD has always been for poorfags though
>>
>>54957466
Nice bait faggot
>>
File: Shock, remove glasses, awe.gif (498 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
Shock, remove glasses, awe.gif
498 KB, 262x200
>>54956779
Look at all that cache...
>>
File: zen.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zen.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.