[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are ultra wide and curved monitors just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 71xtu1bhgHL._SL1350_.jpg (148 KB, 1350x1110) Image search: [Google]
71xtu1bhgHL._SL1350_.jpg
148 KB, 1350x1110
Are ultra wide and curved monitors just a meme?
>>
>>54951797
they are too expensive for most of /g/, so yes
>>
People should stop using the word "meme" to describe a preference. If you prefer them to normcore monitors then whatever who cares?

They are expensive though.
>>
>>54951797
ultra wides / curved are just wannabe VR headsets
>>
>>54951839
Computers are nothing but status symbols on /g/. We're basically /o/ for shut-ins. Expensive is never a problem here.
>>
File: 729.gif (137 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
729.gif
137 KB, 340x340
>>54951862
>Expensive is never a problem here.
are we on the same board
is this bizzaro /g/
>>
>>54951839
But are they actually good?
>>
>>54951877
>>54951862
Half of the people that browse /g/ have no job.
>>
>>54951851
How?
>>54951845
Kinda, lowest that I have seen is around 200ish, which isn't that bad.
>>
>>54951880
idk, i've never used one
people that have them seem to like them I guess
>>
>>54951877
People only call shit out on being overpriced when it's a brand they don't like. When people call Apple overpriced they just ignore the fact that they spent $400 on a CPU fan because it's a different color or a keyboard because it's noisy.
>>
>>54951889
That means half do.
>>
>>54951909
Seems like they are better for content creation, and consumption.
>>
>>54951927
Yea you are right man.
>>
I like looking to the sides better than looking up and down
>>
Curved monitors are for retards
>>
>>54951797
I don't know about ultrawide, seems somewhat useful. Curved doesn't actually appear to do anything whatsoever to my eyes.
>>
>>54952460
Same
>>
>>54952481
Yea it can be very useful, if I ever find one for cheap I will pick it up.

How are the curved monitors? I have seen them in TV form, pretty good for immersion.
>>
File: IMG_20160602_222610.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3088) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160602_222610.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3088
>>54952568
I bought the Acer predator x34 for 1223$ plus tax. Honestly mixed. It's the single best monitor that exists. Gaming is holy shit amazing. Desktop is great having two windows fluid without a bezel between and whatnaught. But still the price...
May have to get a second zotac amp extreme! 980ti to help boost it. Witcher 3at complete maxed in my build only hits 54-59 fps with this many pixels. But the gsync is to die for.
>>
I can't work on a curved monitor because I fear it will fuck with my perspective with digital design, but as far as recreational use, it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>54951797
Ultrawides are great for multitasking. It's like having two monitors, but without the cost and space of another monitor.

Games also look lovely with dat FOV, but some games are really wonky with it so I wouldn't get one for just gaming.

Curved displays are mostly a meme. Curved TVs are definitely a meme, and 16:9 curved monitors are usually a meme.

Exception is curved ultrawides funnily enough, as long as the display is 29" or higher. Any smaller and you don't get the negligible benefits of a curved display.

Curved displays are far from worth the money, but have some valid use cases. When the cost comes down it will be less of a meme.
>>
>but without the cost and space of another monitor
Don't they currently cost more for the same area and resolution?
>>
How are curved screens for doing work?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.