[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >start new internship at place that fixes fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1447508746204.jpg (67 KB, 731x712) Image search: [Google]
1447508746204.jpg
67 KB, 731x712
>be me
>start new internship at place that fixes fucking laptops for the schools in the area
>seems like everything they do is A+ compTIA type shit
>everyone who works here is mean mugging and trying intimidate me and other interns
>black guy blatantly and loudly sexually harrasses a female intern in front of 4 or 5 people
>nothing came of it
>fucking diversity hires
>some skinny faggot is talking loudly about changing a motherboard to make it seem like hes hacking the pentagon or something
>nigger with half her head shaved, absolutely horrible attitude and no shit wearing Jordans with her business attire
>other girl is le gamer girl and everyone hovers around her
>4 other black ladies practically screaming they are joking around so loudly
>through small talk find out most of these people dont hold any certs, dont care to learn shit and only know how to fix this one very specific laptop that most schools use

what have I gotten myself into bros? please dont tell me this is what the IT workplace is like ;-;

does anyone else have any similar experiences?
>>
>>54951557
just shoot up the place. they probably are expecting it anyway

>>>/biz/
>>>/b/

not technology
>>
you're working with consumers and shitty consumer hardware.

What you want is to work with businesses. They're more serious about everything and actually have money to invest in worthwhile hardware. They also don't pull the "LOL I DONNO ABOUT ALL THIS COMPUTRE STUFF" whenever you try to teach them something important that they fucked up on, or at least more than consumers. There's also obviously much more money.
>>
>>54951557
>internship

ay, so basically you're not doing anything

what an "experience"
>>
>>54951606
yea I plan on not sticking around here for long, although there are people here who got their A+ and stuck with their 11$ an hour job out of pure laziness
>>
>>54951606
>They also don't pull the "LOL I DONNO ABOUT ALL THIS COMPUTRE STUFF" whenever you try to teach them something important that they fucked up on

Oh sweet summer child.. let me tell you about my days doing desktop support.
>>
>>54951606
>>54951606
enoy selling and reparing 6-8 yr old fucking dell leasing shit and talking bullishit
>>
>>54951634
>,at least more than consumers
>>
>>54951639
you're right, we only have thinkpads and 7 year old dells. I've been studying networking though I honestly dont have any passion for repairing laptops
>>
kill urself my man
>>
>>54951557
>INTERNSHIP
>to a fucking laptop chopshop

I bet you bring them starbucks and fast food, right?
>>
>>54951677
worse, we pull the 200 or so laptops we get a day off the shelves and fucking clean them. not system restore or repairing software, literally spray them with diluted windex and wipe the fingerprints off them and take the stickers the kids in the schools put on them. Some interns get in the box truck and go to the schools to haul hundreds of nodes back to the chopshop for us to trap up into different sections of the warehouse, feels oddly like a sweatshop

>heh..b-beats the hell desk though right
>>
>>54951677
This is what capitalism has devolved into.

It's kinda funny from a nihilist pov.
>>
>>54952051
>nihilist

dont you have a reaper to be playing as on overwatch?
>>
>>54951557
>Work for a shit company
>Talk shit about coworkers on anime imageboard
>Acquire undeserved sense of superiority
I have some bad news Anon. You are working (interning) at a shit company because *you* are shit.
>>
>>54952239
Ouch.
>>
>>54951723
So it's not IT work anon. you're just an abled body.
>>
>>54951660
You think you're just going to jump into networking without manning the battlefield first ?
>>
>>54952239
>undeserved sense of superiority

thats fair, I am being a bit of a dick, but while these bernouts are skimming through life with this company I am furthering my paper education (certs and finishing bachelors degree this summer) and I actually enjoy learning about it. I breezed through the stupid fucking Network+ in 2 weeks worth of professor messers videos, did the sec+ in a month, and plan on getting the CCNA at the beginning of fall or so. I guess you dont like being competitive at all in life and thats fine, but theres no need to try and bring everyone else down with you.
>>
>>54952616
yea true, the job description was a flat out lie since it said we were going to actually troubleshoot and repair and not just do grunt work.
>>
>work in security systems
>teach retard business owners how to plug ip camera into switch on independent DVR network
>they manage to fuck it up with a manual, pictures, and over the phone support.
>some days get 0 calls and just learn Python and Java on my CentOS box
If I had any brains I would get my CCNA and ITIL and get out of here for a hospital.
>>
i feel like i should've studied computer science/gone into IT, but i'm the greater part through a physics degree. what the fuck can i do with a physics degree? i don't want to teach. life sucks
>>
>>54953198
Pick up programming on the side. People will know you're competent because you didn't go for a shit degree. A good amount of physics majors end up programming.
>>
>>54953222
this tbhfam, but im not a programmer so take my advice with a grain of salt
>>
>>54953222
This. You can do some cool shit with physics + programming. Even if you end up programming non-physics stuff you're probably way ahead on the math compared to most programmers.
>>
IGP's, OSPF, EIGRP, dumb crossover cables, ethernet standards, configuring DHCP servers, connecting LANs

>I wish I knew someone irl to discuss this with
>>
>>54953198
Do what

>>54953222
said

Most of our best programmers have a math / physics degree. If you want to actually use your education, go for aeorspace industry. Just make sure you know how to program.
>>
>>54951557
install gentoo
>>
OP is probably a nigger, probably what Malcolm X called "the house negro": he gon badmouth other niggers and try to kowtow to the white man.

We are not going to fall for your tricks nigger.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.