[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am currently on Windows and looking for a great C/C++ IDE and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: ide.gif (15 KB, 335x314) Image search: [Google]
ide.gif
15 KB, 335x314
I am currently on Windows and looking for a great C/C++ IDE and don't know which one is perferred. /g/uide me.
>>
>>54950589
Visual Studio with Resharper for C++ (you can get it for free if you're a student).
Don't listen to text editor only autistic fizzbuzzers.
>>
netbeans
>>
codelite
>>
I use codeblocks. It seems to be the most simplest one, which I like because I don't like a lot of features.
>>
>>54950589
Jetbrains Clion
>>
>>54950589
visual studio and codeblocks are the best by far
>>
I haven't used it but Jet brains make a C/C++ IDE called CLion. Intellij Idea is made by them and is pretty great so I'd imagine CLion is worth a look.
>>
VS if you're on Windows since it is what everybody uses. If you don't like it then either switch platforms or learn to like it.
>>
>>54950854
>>54952856
>>54952917
>visual studio
>intentionally polluting all your code with stdafx.h

No fucking way senpai
>>
Well, visual studio adds telemetryâ„¢ to everything you compile, so i'd choose between anjuta, codeblocks, codelite and eclipse cdt. Btw these are on linux, but someone probably made a windows version
>>
Qtcreator is the best I think. However sublime is also nice with the right packages.
>>
>>54952841
>>54952870

This. CLion has better compatibility with cmake and clang, with the same features as VS.
>>
>>54952991
?
>>
>>54956473
When writing C++, VS adds #include "stdafx.h" to your code. If you get cheeky and remove the line, it will fail to compile.
>>
File: 1464918280785.jpg (110 KB, 720x630) Image search: [Google]
1464918280785.jpg
110 KB, 720x630
>>54959107
Son you can remove precompiled headers from your project.
>>
>>54959164
Sure, if you mess around with the settings, yes. But by default, they make it annoying to do so.
>>
>>54959180
It's literally just a checkbox.
>>
>>54950589
Code:Blocks, Visual Studio or CLion.
>>
Notepad++
>>
>>54959193
you can check or uncheck whatever fucking checkbox you like anon but most pajeets (and most plebs on /g/) will not uncheck it, which makes for a dirty microsoft garbage infestation
all this for something that isn't necessary.
Just a way to prey on plebs to include telemetry in their code.

No thank you, not supporting that,
>>
EMACS
M
A
C
S
>>
>>54950854
>>54959214
>>54959237

vim actually
>>
File: 1357214964497.jpg (48 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
1357214964497.jpg
48 KB, 615x461
>Emacs
>vim with a Unix console
Pick one. Anything else is bloat or shit, usually both.
>>
>>54959251
C development in neovim is divine
>>
GNU/Linux + GNU/Emacs, there's literally no reason to use something else.
>>
I use Cygwin and Sublime but I haven't gotten around to learning Make and Emacs yet. It's an adequate dev environment for simple programs, I suppose.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.