[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a better GNU OS and why. Protip: You cannot do this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: workstation-large.png (84 KB, 498x316) Image search: [Google]
workstation-large.png
84 KB, 498x316
Name a better GNU OS and why.

Protip: You cannot do this.
>>
Am I the only one not liking Fedora for its name?
>>
File: hP5YoKH.png (252 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
hP5YoKH.png
252 KB, 1024x640
>>54947588
I think most users would rather it had a different name.
>>
>>54946252
That's not a GNU OS you tard. That's Fedora, a Linux distribution.

>>54947588
You, the 90% of /v/ who think every Linux distribution is Fedora, 80% of the new users on /g/ since 2012 who don't know how this isn't /v/consumertech, and 60% of /g/ users who actually use a Linux distribution (but actually dual boot into it for les lulz haxxors and probably use something stupid like Arch)
>>
>>54946252
maybe they should have went with blue hat.
>>
>>54947649
I like it more than gnu/linux distro. So I'll just call it GNU OS
>>
Debian Stable with GNOME 3. Because it literally just works.

I do my work and browsing, don't fuck around and shit doesn't break.

Comfy as fuck.
>>
do people use the hurd kernel ?
>>
>>54947683
Nope, it's just a Linux distribution.
>>
>>54947719
I know that its called a Linux distribution by the Fedora Project, but I don't really care for that. I just like the ring of GNU OS, more than Linux distribution. So I'll call it whatever I wish.
>>
>>54947719
Just call it Linux
>>
>>54947689
Yeah I been thinking about switching to the GNU/Debian OS.
>>
>>54947588
m'lady
>>
>>54947770
The rule is you call it whatever the people make it wish. By calling Fedora a GNU OS you sound silly, like calling a Corvette a Benz/Corvette because he invented the kind of engine cars use.
>>
>>54947830
I know where you are coming from, but I am not calling it GNU because of RMS. I just like the word.
>>
Not many people are aware of this fact, but fedora is also a type of hat.
And fedora linux is sponsored by Red Hat linux.
Kind of interesting, when you think about it.
From the hat standpoint, I mean.
>>
>>54947868
Then call it Banana OS.
>>
>>54947925
Banana/Fedora OS doesn't have the same ring to it though, however its probably high in potassium.
>>
fedora is the official trap distro. come on beefy miracle? The name screams boipucci
>>
>>54947649
>You, the 90% of /v/ who think every Linux distribution is Fedora

I just dont like it being named after a cringey hat
>>
File: frank_sinatra_hat.jpg (72 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
frank_sinatra_hat.jpg
72 KB, 500x313
>>54948029
>cringey
spotted the millennial
>>
>>54947973
Jesus cuck are you autistic. Call out whatever you want but don't it far away from me
>>
>>54948029
You wished you could look this good.
>>
>>54948136
lmao i saw a faggot yesterday in cargo pants, an oversized starter coat from walmart, and gay looking tennis shoes (red and blue or something) with his bookbag slinged over one shoulder, humping it across the street, with his round sunglasses and a fedora
>>
>>54948169
I do not have autism. Its not like I talk like this to my friends and co-workers. Just winding down on a fedora shilling subreddit.
>>
>>54948229
>fedora shilling subreddit

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: hat-two.jpg (21 KB, 470x480) Image search: [Google]
hat-two.jpg
21 KB, 470x480
>>54948210
And the hat is the thing wrong with this picture?
>>
>>54948210
Poor guy he just needs a couple of pointers do dress better.
>>
>>54947698
Join the hurd
>>
>>54948229
You make me want to rewrite the entirety of GNU, make it 100x faster, and then call it Linux
>>
>>54948409
Why would you do that? You should just name it after yourself.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.