[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm completely stumped. I stream URL files (MKV, MP4 etc.)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
I'm completely stumped.

I stream URL files (MKV, MP4 etc.) to VLC but have absolutely no idea how to get it to stream to my Chromecast.

Is there any effective method to doing this? I've tried so many variations that don't seem to work.
>>
>>54941555
videostream for google chromecast

this is a stupid question. it wasn't worth a whole thread.
>>
>>54941555
Plex
>>
>>54941573
I think he's referring to streaming URL files, not local files. Videostream can do that no problem, but URL streaming I'm not so sure.
>>
>>54941578
Do you have to pay for it?
>>
>>54941555
Uh, Google Chrome... Now gtfo
>>
>>54941649
why would you post if you have so little to contribute?

i'm honestly curious. it looks like you barely even phoned it in just there. why bother?
>>
>>54941649
Yes but how do you stream a URL in Chrome then?
>>
>>54941649
i.e pastebin fBBDak6V

This link.
>>
>>54941781
Any ideas?
>>
>>54941781
Are you honestly such a mental furball that you cannot:
1. Open URL in chrome
2. Click the cast button on the toolbar?
For me this works with literally everything... Now gtfo!
>>
>>54941856
See >>54941781

It just downloads the link, not open it.
>>
>>54941555
videostream or plex
>>
>>54941866
Sounds like you need to change the file handler/plugin, now gtfo.
>>
>>54941882
Can confirm videostream is top tier
>>
>>54941882
I cannot open streamed URL's though, only download then open via Videostream.
>>
>>54941741
There is an extension to do it, but I don't remember the name now. Sorry. It's a famous one.
>>
>>54942129
You don't need any additional plugins, the base Google Cast plugin handles it all
>>
>>54942129
super helpful bro
>>
Chromecast is shit.
>>
VLC is supposed to be getting Chromecast support soon.
>>
>>54942302
You a shit
>>
use google chrome and install goog cast
>if you are streaming local install chrome use videostream for chromecast
>if you are trying to stream from internet install playto for chromecast
>if you are trying to stream from internet with android buy allcast and use firefox.
>>
>>54941601
Google Cast Beta - load the url in the browser, cast the tab, and then enjoy. that't it. no need to use VLC, honestly...
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.