[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Elementary OS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1-big.png (596 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1-big.png
596 KB, 1280x800
What do you think about Elementary OS?
>>
>>54939475
Whoever is behind it should look up "lipstick on a pig".
No amount of painting over the GUI is going to disguise the fact that it's Linux, which must be used via a command line.
The lack of understanding this one simple fact is the reason that Linux languishes at <2% of the desktop.
>>
>>54939566

>i am perpetuating myths and all my knowledge about a topic stems from 4chan memes and reading one sentence tops which some other idiot on the internet wrote: the post
>>
File: inconsistent design.png (17 KB, 665x83) Image search: [Google]
inconsistent design.png
17 KB, 665x83
>>54939475
The half black/minimalistic icons design doesn't blend well with the realistic icons design.

It's even worse comparing to the Shotwell program.

Linux usually has inconsistent design, which bothers me.
>>
>>54939688
>I got baited: the post
>>
gorgeous os. im using it as my daily driver.
>>
>>54939699
>I was only pretending to be retarded: the post
>>
I think most Linux distributions are really just a custom theme.
>>
>>54939698
None of this actually matters, its not going to hinder performance in any way if it looks bad.
>>
>>54939769
You sir, don't understand why GUI design and design in general is important for a window manager. Why not use a non GUI distro then? Or at least a distro not focussed on 'design'.
>>
>>54939698
Thats a 3 years old screenshot.
>>
>>54939698

That's not exclusive to the elementary icon theme. Those are so called "symbollic icons" and all of the icon packs worth their dime use them. I think it's even in the freedesktop icon spec.
>>
>A new way to computer
>>
>>54939475
it has no reason to exist whatsoever

the people who like OSX's interface are gonna use USX not Linux
>>
>>54939475
>Look guys, it's OSX but free!
>>
>>54939475
They make GTK/Vala great again!
>>
>>54939475
I do not think about it at all.
>>
>>54939475
Mac OS for poorfags and without good graphics programs.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.