[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Editing Software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: adobe-premiere-elements.jpg (94 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
adobe-premiere-elements.jpg
94 KB, 600x363
Anybody got any recommendations for cheap video editing software for a beginner?

I'm thinking about Adobe Premiere Elements right now, dunno if there is anything better.
>>
Blender is free
>>
>>54937401
Looks like that's mostly for 3d modeling.
>>
>>54937445
It is, but it has a full video editing package built into it. You just select it from the top of the screen and all the tools switch over to timeline/preview/render settings/etc. Transition effects and stuff are already built in as well.

In fact having the 3D modeling functionality in the same program is great because the different modes of Blender "talk" to each other. You can use the modeler to create a 3D effect and work it directly into your video. For example, create a 3D scene and link different video channels to several different surfaces in the scene. Set keyframe transitions as you move around the scene, changing perspective while the video channels play in real-time, and then render that entire sequence out as its own video. As an exercise, try doing that in Premiere.
>>
>>54937395
Kdenlive is pretty cash, Pitivi is for simple stuff
>>
After Effects is pretty based
>>
>>54937395
If your end goal is to do editing professionally, then premiere/resolve/final cut/lightworks/etc are the way to go, they're the industry's standards, after all. They also have the most plugins available so expandability is great.
>>
everything is free on the internet
>>
>>54937763
AE is great, but it's pretty shitty to use as a video editor in the end.. although I'm quite stoked to see if they really expand its capacities in the coming update.
>>
I asked the same question at one point, never got an answer and just ended up pirating Vegas.

It's okay.
>>
I asked the same question at one point, didn't get and answer, and just ended up pirating Vegas.

It's okay.
>>
>>54937802
Vegas is now owned by Magix which means is gonna be kill pretty soon
>>
File: Zero Render.webm (1009 KB, 1110x528) Image search: [Google]
Zero Render.webm
1009 KB, 1110x528
>>54938007
I don't do a lot with it, and whatever the version I have installed is more than enough for my needs.

I mainly use it for trimming/combining various bits of video and adjusting brightness and contrast to fix overexposure issues.
New releases/updates aren't gonna do much for me, really.
>>
>>54937395
VideoPad
>>
File: 1h30mfootage.jpg (1 MB, 3210x2014) Image search: [Google]
1h30mfootage.jpg
1 MB, 3210x2014
shotcut is a thing
>>
You can get older versions of movie studio platinum for around $30 if you look hard enough
>>
I use one called Filmora for cutting together basic promo videos, since work generally frowns on the idea of pirating the shit out of Adobe's stuff.

Though srsly, pirate the shit out of Adobe's stuff.
>>
>>54942181
Nah it's only FORTY bucks a month pay adobe so you can do your work or I can make a joke YouTube video
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.