[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Hacking: The Art of Exploitation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Thoughts on Hacking: The Art of Exploitation?
>>
>>54937159
2nd edition of course.
>>
The classic for learning software exploitation.
>>
>>54937159
Pretty good.
It's better to get good at C and Assembly before starting the book.
>>
>>54937213
Is it doable as a noob or is that a prereq?
>>
Aleistar Crowley tier nonsense.
>>
>>54937574
>Aleistar Crowley
How so?
>>
I read the 1st edition and it's a great book, lots of fun and learned a lot more than just hacking. Techniques like buffer overflow are hard to come across nowadays but you learn stuff like x86 assembly and EXACTLY how the stack works in C, plus some unix stuff. I'd recommend it.
>>
File: shot-20160530-17140-5xsf2x.jpg (373 KB, 1280x1483) Image search: [Google]
shot-20160530-17140-5xsf2x.jpg
373 KB, 1280x1483
>>54937159
Garbage book.
>freecst.com will live on!
>>
Just a bunch of jibber jabber.
>>
>>54937283
read the first few chapters of "programming from the ground up" first imo. it's a free online book about assembly in linux. If I remember correctly it does have a short intro to assembly and C but it'll be tough going imo.
>>
>>54937574
Nice meme friend, but I believe leddit is where you came from.
>>
TAOSSA is better, but requires C, OS, networking and some other skills. Shellcoder's Handbook is great for more in depth exploitation on a variety of systems. libdisasm and blackhat/defcon papers along with metasploit/exploit-db source code will teach you the real stuff. H:TAE is good for an intro tho.

shellcoding is an art that people just don't want to teach.
>>
>>54938466
Assuming C and machine have been learned: Which would be a better read?
>>
>>54938503

shellcoder's handbook for learning actual hacking, then search online for newer methods of exploitation and bypassing protections, have TAOSSA by your side when you start learning to audit code.
>>
>>54937159
I am a decent programmer and I absolutely hate hacker scum. To "exploit" something you need other people to create it.
>>
>>54937635
See >>54937994
>>
>>54938870
That is more or less what I expected. I appreciate the input.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.