[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best to write one to two FULL paragraphs on? Find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: f17.png (28 KB, 707x483) Image search: [Google]
f17.png
28 KB, 707x483
Who is the best to write one to two FULL paragraphs on?

Find more information about one of the following people and explain why he or she is important to structured programming: Edsger Dijkstra, Corrado Bohm, Giuseppe Jacopini, and Grace Hopper.

Who would you choose /g/?
>>
>>54935691
Dijkstra or Hopper
>>
Grace Hopper, because fuck the male patriarchy dominating CS because they exclude women.
>>
>>54935691
Hopper, helped make the compiler
>>
>>54935691
dijkstra
>>
Cool. Hopper is popular here. I'll go with her.
>>
Dammit, I didn't get to submit it. :(

She was definitely an admirable woman and very important to programming language structure.
>>
File: NoamChomsky2.jpg (20 KB, 414x312) Image search: [Google]
NoamChomsky2.jpg
20 KB, 414x312
>>54935691
Noam Chomsky
Have fun
>>
>>54936380
I will but I'm disappointed in myself for waiting till the last minute and not accomplishing in time. I was locked from submitting five minutes after I finished.

ffffff...
>>
>>54936508
>>54936322
Lol, dumbass
>>
>>54936538
I know I am. I'm 29 and taking Programming Logic over the summer. We will be using Python for Programming Logic but I'll be learning C as my first language next semester. It was either C or Java. They offer C++ but you have to take C beforehand.
>>
>>54936596
And oddly enough, they don't offer Python as its own course...

Did I mess up in choosing C over Java?

Is it easy to transition to Java once learning C? I hear Java is sloppier as a language but more widely used in the job market. Is this true?

I'm transferring to Uni after next semester so I'll have two more years of some flexibility I guess.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.