[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OH MY FUCKING GOD For the past 3 years, since I built my computer,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1458184167961.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458184167961.gif
6 KB, 200x200
OH MY FUCKING GOD

For the past 3 years, since I built my computer, it's been making a hissing/buzzing noise out of either the headphones or speakers, whichever were plugged in. I noticed this and asked my dad why this was happening (he's a videographer/musician/amatuer sound engineer) and he just told me "speakers just do that sometimes" I thought it was because my soundcard or my motherboard was causing it or something, I didn't think it was fixable.

Well today I finally fixed it. I have a dual monitor setup, where I can switch my 2nd screen to HDMI for playing on my Wii-U, and the audio goes through my computer and out of my computer speakers. Well it turns out that having the audio jack connected through the 2nd monitor to the computer's line-in input (I think that's what it was) all the time is a horrible thing to do, as this was what was causing the non-stop hiss.

If I want to play on my Wii-U I just need to plug the jack into the back of the computer. I still get hissing this way, but it's way nicer to only have it on the Wii-U anyways, and if I really want to avoid it I can just plug my headphones into the gamepad.

I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY, EVERYTHING ON MY COMPUTER SOUNDS GLORIOUS NOW.

Has anyone here felt pure elation when fixing something like this?
>>
>>54933574
Are you fucking retard? Install sound kard.
>>
File: FZpHM.gif (2 MB, 410x231) Image search: [Google]
FZpHM.gif
2 MB, 410x231
>>54933574
Congratulations, OP.
>>
>>54933591
someone doesn't know how to read
>>
>>54933623
thx m8
>>
Sure, but when everything is fixed shit is so boring though

I need some frustration and light bugs
>>
>>54933574
your computer is either not properly grounded, or your sound card is getting a lot of interference
try aluminium foil on your sound card/chip
>>
Buy a ground loop isolator and the hissing will completely disappear
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.