[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best fitness app for a calories burned estimate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: xiaomi-mi-band-2-x-840x315.jpg (23 KB, 840x315) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi-mi-band-2-x-840x315.jpg
23 KB, 840x315
What's the best fitness app for a calories burned estimate based on heart rate? Rather than buy a band and then use only it apps it's compatible with, I'm working backwards. Choose the app, then select a suitable band/device.

My activity: stationary exercise bike every day. So GPS tracking n miles n shit doesnt matter. Only calories burned going by heart rate.

Pic related - it would be great because it'll be cheap, but I don't want to buy it if won't not compatible with the best system for my purpose.
>>
You already started out wrong. You're not going to make it.
>>
>>54931764
> thinking the 250 calories you'll burn on that bike means anything in the grand scheme of losing weight

wew lad.

Download a calorie tracking app and control your diet, OP. Your meme watch won't save you.
>>
>>54931872
>>54931961

Your assumptions are wrong. I've already started, I've been doing 1 hour on the bike every day for 12 months. Lost 32 lbs of fat. I'm at my target weight and am now only looking to maintain.

BTW, I'm disabled, with a genetic muscular but have still managed to do this. I have more willpower and pain endurance than you will ever develop. But thanks for your great advice anyway.
>>
>>54932082
Good for you. I'm genuinely glad for accomplishment and hope you can find a fitness app that suits you. I don't know of any myself.
>>
>>54932082

you're a mutant?
>>
>>54932082
>Lost 32 lbs
>of fat

Cardio prioritizes the metabolization of protein over fat. I'd wager a good portion of your weight loss can be attributed to muscle atrophy if you don't also lift.
>>
Runtastic Pro works well for this I found
>>
>>54931764
At least pick a botnet respecting your freedoms
http://angelsensor.com/
>>
>>54932162
Anon, that looks like piece of shit. Never seem a worse looking wristband in my hole life. That's exploding knees tiers of ugly shit tier there.

Anyway, only I can think of for the mibands is their battery life, lasts for a month without worry, it just doesn't do much, I'm mostly using it for sleep tracking.
>>
>>54932162
>looking
Ah, you're not interested in functionality at all, you just want shiny gadgets. Not going to make it.
>>
>>54932112
thanks

>>54932115
technically, yes. I have a mutation on a specific gene.

>>54932122
You'd loser that wager, because my disease is an inability to utilize muscle glycogen. So the only way I can exercise is through ketosis. I am burning fat and continue to burn fat through sticking to a keto diet.

>>54932151
I will look into this. Do you use it? What band/watch do you use with it?

>>54932162
Interesting. But I don't mind the botnet. It was through Google that I discovered my disease myself (fucking doctors told me I was lazy/crazy my whole life). I love Google. I owe Google my new lease on life.

Everyone else, any opinions on;
>Samsung's S Health
>Google Fit
>Fitbit
>Moto Body
>Strava
>Nike
>Jawbone?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.