[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /given into the botnet/ here? I don't have anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1444489414812.png (1 MB, 1688x2000) Image search: [Google]
1444489414812.png
1 MB, 1688x2000
Who else /given into the botnet/ here?

I don't have anything to hide, what's the point of getting all flustered and inconvenienced about ideals?
>>
Well I don't have anything to show, so suck it Jew.
>>
File: 1464842368810.webm (24 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1464842368810.webm
24 KB, 2048x2048
>>54929069
Google botnet is too comfy to resist desu. Chrome, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Keep, Translate are all so useful.
>>
>>54929069
>I don't have anything to hide
then please send me your credit card information at [email protected]
>>
>>54929149
The voice recognition is GOAT once it trains on your voice for a while.
>>54929205
>anon and false equivalencies
>>
>>54929205
that isn't how the argument works you fucking tool
>>
>>54929069
>I don't have anything to hide

Says the guy, who closes his curtains when he masturbates :^D
>>
>>54929231
>The voice recognition is GOAT
Yeah, but the Google app mostly just searches the web instead of doing things you tell it to do. Can't wait for Google Assistant, hope they'll make it smarter.
>>
>>54929069
Same, don't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>54929069
>I don't have anything to hide, what's the point of getting all flustered and inconvenienced about ideals?
You're a fucking roachie.
>>
>>54929231
>anon and false equivalencies
>>54929234
>that isn't how the argument works you fucking tool

The argument proves that he does have things to hide. He just chooses to trust the botnet with them. Because it's convenient.
>>
>>54929263
>>who closes his curtains when he masturbates
People do this? My daddy taught me not to be ashamed of my dick, especially since it's such a good size and all.
>>
>>54929149
Except for the YouTube, everything else has decent alternatives. You just never looked. And you probably shouldn't. Just live a comfy life, friend :)
>>
>>54929311
No. There is a difference between handing out information on 4chan which will be used for nefarious purposes, and something like google or the government knowing what your credit card number are.
>>
>>54929378
But I promise I won't use it for nefarious purposes.
>>
>>54929329
>>54929329
>insisnting that closing the curtains is anything close to the argument that windows are an inhering danger to your home.

I knew a guy like you once, he boarded up all his windows and got his outside views on a cctv he was also a hoarder
>>
>>54929069
The problem isn't "you've willfully decided to use google products and therefore you've given in", it's "if you've been alive in the past two decades your privacy has already been so thoroughly invaded that trying to abstain from the 'botnet' is futile". The problem is, is that you've already lost. I use Google products because they're convenient. But don't try to act better than me for not using them because you've already lost too.
>>
>>54929478
>what's the point of getting all flustered and inconvenienced about ideals
holy shit lmao
>>
>>54929478
You can not avoid the so-called "botnet", if you are connected to the Internet. But you can take steps to limit its reach, and, in some cases, limit its reach quite significantly. Some people prefer to not use "botnet" products, instead of giving up fully, and taking it like a bitch. To each their own.
>>
>>54929311
>He just chooses to trust the botnet with them. Because it's convenient.
Because people trusted that particular botnet for a decade and it was reliable enough to continue to do so.
>>54929343
I used to use CM with no gapps, and I can't agree with you completely.
>Chrome
No real alternative. Opera is the exact same thing if it's botnet what concerns you.
>Maps
OsmAnd is cool and all and I still use it (love the offline mode and the ability to download entire countries), but Maps is snappier, has Earth and Street View, has more relevant information, knows public transit better and is a smarter app overall.
>Gmail
I use Outlook for work and recently got a protonmail account. Both are decent, there's no real reason to migrate for now.
>Calendar, Keep, Translate
Offline calendar with no sync? ColorNote with local backup? Some obscure translator that never updates? Google products are just better.
>>
>>54929529
>Some people prefer to not use "botnet" products, instead of giving up fully, and taking it like a bitch
They just use other "botnets" knowingly or not.
>>
>>54929529
but thanks to shadow profiles, you're not really curtailing the botnets reach at all, all you're doing is giving up some significant benefits to fight a battle that's already been decided
>>
>>54929554
>people trusted that particular botnet
I don't think that anyone can honestly say that they trust Google. They use it, because it is convenient, and because everyone else does. They also don't think twice about it. But actually trusting it? I very much doubt it.
>>
Just by using you're part of the 4chan botnet.

They know all the threads that you view and reply to.
>>
>>54930015
by using 4chan you're part of the Google botnet*
>>
>>54930036
That's not how it works
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.