[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ you have no idea what I just read on reddit!! Windows 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: doom.png (260 KB, 1080x1296) Image search: [Google]
doom.png
260 KB, 1080x1296
/g/ you have no idea what I just read on reddit!!

Windows 10 literally BRICKS your computer lmao

How will the Microshills shill themselves out of this?
>>
>>54928032
It boggles my mind why majority of people are simply ok with forced updates. How much of a cuck does one has to be?
>>
>>54928032
Just kill yourself now. You've added nothing of value to /g/ and this is literal shitposting. I don't even give a fuck about windows 10 but seriously man. Grow up
>>
File: Kim-Jong-Un.jpg (27 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Kim-Jong-Un.jpg
27 KB, 615x409
>>54928202
>butthurt /v/ faggot
>microshill (now on suicide watch)
Which are you? Answer faggot!
>>
>>54928261
Kek. Are you le enlightened by your own intelligence?
>>
>>54928337
Wrong meme
>>
>>54928468
Are you gnu/here?
>>
>>54928202
Underage b&
>>
>>54928592
Nice come back faggot. That took you long enough to think of.
>>
>>54928683
If you weren't too autistic to look at the IP's, you would have noticed I am a different poster.
>>
What version of Windows 10 do I need to be able to control when it downloads updates? I have really shitty internet and if I'm using it for something important and Windows starts background dling shit it totally fucks me.
>>
>>54928032
Wow, its like linux never mounts your drive as r+w and bricks it either.
>>
>>54928683
>>54928730
Rekt
>>
>>54929249

Pro at least I guess.

I mean, Pro and Edu/Enterprise have access to Group Policy editor, where you can simply select "notify" instead of auto-download and install.
>>
>Windows 10
>Being this much of a Pajeet to use Windows 10
>>
>>54929559
If I have Home already can I upgrade to Pro or do I need to do a fresh install?
>>
>>54928032
Anon, I want to believe. I want to believe this is the event that galvanized the year of the Linux or BSD desktop.

I know it won't, but a man can dream.
>>
>>54928137
If you're too tech-illiterate to install Enterprise and disable forced updates, you're too tech-illiterate to care about forced updates. John Q. Normie worrying about things like this is a meme. They have no reason to. Anybody else can disable the shit.
>>
>>54929712
Do you need Enterprise or is Pro ok?
>>
>>54929764
You need Enterprise. Pro has been crippled down to normie tier because it's one of the "free" upgrade paths.
>>
>>54929676

Fresh install I guess.

Hell, ome is so castrated version of system that I would recommend getting rid of it right away.
>>
>>54928202
/g/ is a designated shitposting board
>>
>>54929836
The other guy says I need Enterprise instead of Pro.
>>
There's got to be a 3rd party workaround for disabling auto updates by now, isn't there?
>>
>>54928032
You do realise the term 'bricked' means the device is unfixable. A corrupted install doesn't usually mean the device is bricked.
>>
reddit is full of literal MS shills. They'll defend the shit out of Windows 10 and all of MS's practices.

The shills are pretty easy to spot:

>I work in IT and the average person is too stupid to not have automatic updates enabled
>There's no reason to not upgrade to Windows 10. It's literally better in every way. What are you, a luddite?
>MS is doing the world a favor by disabling the ability to turn AV off. Disabling it is how viruses spread throughout the world.
>MS is doing the world a favor by making updates happen automatically. Disabling that is how viruses spread throughout the world.
>Windows 10 is NOT spying on you! It's anonymous usage data to help MS make Windows better! Do you wear a tinfoil hat??

etc etc.

The shills are probably on 4chan too, but since reddit has comment voting the shills can abuse that system by upvoting the pro-MS comments and downvoting the anti-MS comments. Shit like that is why the site is worthless aside from the smaller subreddits for niche interests.
>>
>>54929817
what about education edition or whatever it's called
>>
>>54929908
I READ THIS ON REDDIT IT'S WHAT IT SAID

ARE YOU AN IMBECILE OR WHAT??
>>
>>54929848

Some things that can be done by settings in Enterprise, can still be done in Pro by editing registry. Of course, it is always better to get Enterprise due to officially proper control over your own OS.

For more info, MS have their own articles about that - technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/lock-down-windows-10 - you can check,w hich options are (officially) Enterprise-only and which are not.

If you can, try to grab than Enterprise, tho. Or Edu, its the same. But Pro is not as bad as everyone says, but require more work and more digging for same effect.
>>
>>54929938
Education works, but has a permanent watermark on the desktop. At that point you might as well just install Enterprise and activate via KMS.
>>
>>54929958
Why oh why did I not just get Enterprise. It was only $15 more bucks. I'm such a cheap idiot.
>>
>>54929981
>paying for Windows
kek
>>
>>54929981
Just pirate it, nigger. Activating it with Microsoft Toolkit is easy, permanent and safe (as long as you get it from the official MyDigitalLife thread).
>>
>>54929981
From where?
>>
>>54930695
Place for swapping microsoft software
>>
>>54928032
fast forward to 3 months from now and all you will hear is people that didn't upgrade whining about having to pay $130 for win10 so they can play the newest game that came out.
>>
>>54928032
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54930744
Fast forward 3 months and Microsoft has extended the free W10 upgrade period by another 12 months and the "upgrade to Windows 10" dialog box on 7/8.x now only has a "yes, upgrade!" button and doesn't respond to task manager or alt+f4. More and more "security updates" are just telemetry and your ISP is sending threatening letters about your pirated media. How'd they find out anyway?
>>
Why do people use 7 even?

In terms of performance it is inferior.

It still has a botnet on it.

It's going to bug you to death unless you disable updates which leaves you exposed.

Either upgrade or use a Linux distribution
>>
Why doesn't someone just make a program that makes Windows 10 wait to do updates until you say so? Or are they afraid of MS?
>>
File: windows10.png (30 KB, 816x532) Image search: [Google]
windows10.png
30 KB, 816x532
Just got home from the store and saw this.

What do?
>>
File: windows10two.png (23 KB, 817x532) Image search: [Google]
windows10two.png
23 KB, 817x532
>>54933128

It's no longer giving me any option to delay the update. The little drop down list is as far back as I can push it. I'm assuming that at 11:59 pm June 10th they will just shut it down and force update.
>>
>>54933153
How about you take it already you little nigglet

That's right open your ass cheeks here comes the windows 10
>>
>>54933128
Just close the window and it will go away.
>>
File: please.jpg (46 KB, 826x550) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
46 KB, 826x550
>>54928032
Am I the only human who hasn't been adversely affected by automatic Windows updates?
>>
File: 1459985498413.jpg (372 KB, 799x1044) Image search: [Google]
1459985498413.jpg
372 KB, 799x1044
>>54932879
>In terms of performance it is inferior.

That's not true for raw computational operations and gaming performance. Though it does have slightly better SSD efficiency than Windows 7.

>It's going to bug you to death unless you disable updates which leaves you exposed.

Uninstall and hide KB3035583 in Windows update to prevent the Get Windows 10 app. Continue installing security updates like normal.
>>
>>54933715

Just disable updates. They won't protect you if you don't have enough common sense not to run totally_not_a_virus.mp4.exe, they won't protect you if your browser gets exploited and they sure won't protect you against someone who actually wants to get into your files like Equation Group.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.