[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
jpg to webm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: subscribe.png (41 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
subscribe.png
41 KB, 900x300
how are people doing this wizardry where they make a jpg to a webm and cut the file size???
>>
I think webm's sort by colors ontop of some other space efficiencies, so images with lots of whitespace, or large spaces of flat color are saved the way webm does it instead of as 10000 white pixels
>>
Whats the point of lowering the file size?
>>
No one does this but people posting doujins on /b/
>>
>>54926431
What? Are you on dialup or something?
>>
Video codecs have an image codec embedded in them for compressing I-frames. These "videos" are just a single I-frame. As for why they're smaller it's because vp8 is a newer codec than jpeg and has like 20 years worth of improvements on it.
>>
>>54926431
You could compress jpg to jpg a thousand fucking times mate.
>>
>>54926431
gif, yes but never heard of jpgs

doesnt make any sense, its not even animated
>>
I just tried using Webm for Retards

result: it got bigger
what you saw was probably just lower quality without noticing it.
>>
>>54931900
What if you do it 1001 times?
>>
1. Open jpeg file in Photoshop/Gimp/Paint.net/Pinta/whatever
2. File -> Save as
3. point to a save location
4. in the upcoming dialogue, reduce quality to 20%
>>
>>54931965
>what you saw was probably just lower quality without noticing it.

Wouldn't that make it the image the same quality as the previous one if you can't notice the difference between the two?

Oh jesus we going to get another MP3 vs Flac type argument for image types aren't we?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.