[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to learn Scala. I know C++. What's the best way to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: good at sex.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
good at sex.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
Want to learn Scala. I know C++.

What's the best way to learn? Just dive in? Or should I do SICP or Learn You a Haskell first and then tackle Scala?
>>
>>54926191
not sure, I read a scala for java programmers book to learn. might be worth looking here: http://www.scala-lang.org/documentation/books.html

but don't bother learning haskell first. scala is quite different from haskell until you start using scalaz. scheme is also completely different, you'd be better off reading SICP if you wanted to learn clojure.
>>
>>54926246
oh I will add that to really be able to use scala professionally you will have to know the basics of java, since the JVM has some quirks that are the result of java being a shit language and you'll need to be aware of them. but that can come after you learn how to write programs in scala in the first place.
>>
>>54926246
>>54926293
Thanks, bro.
>>
>>54926191
Maybe choose kotlin?
>>
>>54926191
I kinda of want to cum on those braces and have her go around all day with cum-breath.
>>
>>54926440
kotlin is a meme
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.