[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you all realize that the slow down of moore's law is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: uzhb7hjx.png (117 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
uzhb7hjx.png
117 KB, 2000x3000
do you all realize that the slow down of moore's law is a good thing
programmers won't make even huger applications
maybe will even make them smaller & faster
>>
>>54924246
>huger
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>54924246
>implying today coders are competent
>>
...But the hardware itself won't get faster so your computer still won't run as fast as The Flash.
>>
>>54924246
Who is he?
>>
>>54924246

Won't happen, pajeets will never give up their 1000 layers of abstraction.
>>
As if.
>>
>>54924246
Not really, in 5 years every single program will run on HTML5 and JavaScript
>>
>>54924246
>programmers
It's coders, you manchild.

If you want to talk about shit you know nothing about, at least get the lingo right.
>>
Yes. The fact that installing latest software that does nothing more CPU intensive than previous one, slows down device is a sign that they're becoming lazier.
>>
>>54926719
Do you even know the significance of those layers?
>>
>>54927864
>I am a coder
>I am a kinda big deal at /g/
Ok, programmer.
>>
>>54927942
Shut up Rajesh
>>
>>54927942
explain the significance of Docker without resorting to DUDE PROVISIONING LMAO
>>
>>54927864
coder just implies that their work is encoded in some way.
It is more accurate to say programmer.

Most languages today is basically just english with different punctuation.
>>
File: vik048FXP_320776001.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
vik048FXP_320776001.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3000
>>54924246
>moore's law

more like "some guy's observation"
>>
>>54924246
Moore's law was always a meme and it wouldn't let us solve the TSP efficiently in a hundred years anyway
>>
>>54929247
Cunningham's Law at work, I see.
>>
>>54924246
>maybe will even make them smaller & faster
Meanwhile lets make a phone with 10core cpu and 6gb ram.
>>
>>54927942
>the significance
Yes.

Blame shifting
Fashion statements
Buzzword compliance
Makework

those of us who have been around a while know that Visicalc was a fully working spreadsheet on a 48 KB Apple II. And that is kilobyte, not gigabyte.

The only abstraction on Apple II was SWEET-16.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.