[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to use this properly? Should I bend it to grab the external
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
How to use this properly? Should I bend it to grab the external side of the case? I recently realised that my graphic card (pic related) started bending because of the weight.
>>
It should be fine. GPU sagging is normal for heavy cards.
>>
>>54922225
>not buying a motherboard with reinforced PCIe slots
Fool.
>>
>>54922257
>falling for the reinforced PCIe slot meme
>>
>>54922257
No need for reinforced PCI-E slots, it won't help.
Only thing that helps is a solid backplate, I never buy high end cards without a backplate, don't need to build some lego shit to keep my card straight.
>>
>>54922270
>not falling for all the delicious memes
I waste so much money on them but it feels so good.

>>54922284
>backplate
Well that's just a given. Who the fuck buys a card without a backplate? Is this common with MSI and SNSV?
>>
>>54922334
That's how you diffirentiate the enthusiast from the gaymer boi, one only buys backplated card's the other buys what the jew in the store tells him is good.
>>
>>54922284
OP here. This card actually have a backplate.
>>
>>54923279
Pic related.
>>
File: saggy 3.5.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
saggy 3.5.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>54923289
>buying Ashit

Well yes, they can't into design, so all their backplates do is add more weight and make the card sag even more.
>>
File: 1435714158681.jpg (1 MB, 2634x1898) Image search: [Google]
1435714158681.jpg
1 MB, 2634x1898
Seems like you are in need of a Sapphire™ Anti-Sag Gaming Dice™
>>
What does a backplate actually do? When is it helpful in reducing sag?
>>
>>54923846
It looks cool.
>>
>>54922284
I use cable-tie suspension from the case.
>>
>>54923831
M8, thats holding up the mobo too.

God bless that glorious day.
>>
File: accelero_xtreme_iv_g09_1_1.jpg (91 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
accelero_xtreme_iv_g09_1_1.jpg
91 KB, 1200x1200
>arctic cooling releases accelero, a hugeass passive cooler
>modding scene overclocks their gpus and straps on two fans onto the passive cooler making it far outperform other gpu coolers
>AC adapts to this and sells the ready package as actual product
>every other grafics brand does the same

>zahlman releases a cpu cooler where the fan blows air horizontally through the heatsink\
>AC improves on the design and releases freezer fan
>every other aftermarket cpu cooler brand does the same

>arctic cooling releases aftermarket cooler with metal support for the GPU preventing it from bending and putting overly pressure on the pci express port the card is connected to

will every other grafics brand start doing the same again>?
>>
>>54923846
Adds rigidity to the PCB, protects from dust and accidental damage, looks better. Of course, if they're implemented poorly (see >>54923780), they can just add weight and add to sagging.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.