[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw addicted to 4chan >tfw can't escape Why the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: infinity-time1.jpg (157 KB, 1600x955) Image search: [Google]
infinity-time1.jpg
157 KB, 1600x955
>tfw addicted to 4chan
>tfw can't escape

Why the fuck is this website so addictive?
>>
4chan's not addictive. you have an addictive personality and you just latch onto any shitty thing that's willing to take up all of your time.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>54921633
>he doesnt know about the underworld of neckbeard bro life
then why not choose something better?
>>
>>54921621
The drugs, OP.
It's the drugs...
>>
>>54921653
because you're too lazy, or just too shitty a human being, to spend your time doing anything more productive.
>>
>>54921653
>why don't addicts just get addicted to success and hard work? :^)
are you like 4 years old or just mentally stunted?
>>
it's based on a reward pathway similar to pulling the arm on a slot machine. it's mathematically predictable that every few threads will be something you like and thus you stick around waiting for those few chances to be heard/acknowledged. psychology meets sociology meets a north korean flies mating board.
>>
>>54921621

Because there's an ounce of freedom in a pound of absurdity.
>>
>>54921708
thats not even partly what im saying but your on the right track
>>
humans strive for social interaction and recognition ((You)s)
loners have to resort to this anonymous shithole to get some
>>
Because you've got nothing better to do and everything else is either hard, boring or too passive

Reddit for example, I've been trying to get into it for months, but the whole site is so tame and bland I only manage to stick in there for a while when I need quick tech support on some obscure subject
>>
>>54921734
This. It is an exploitation of a defect in our reward pathway. We get addicted to spur es of random positive rewards even if expected total reward is slightly negative. Q
>>
I used to browse the 'ch0n while high af. It was nice till op came along.
>>
it forces everyone to post in one area and it eliminates all the losers because you will inevitably have to defend your opinion

favorite threads are arch and BSD circlejerking, reddit has 350+ safe space hugbox boards where they basically have two posts
>This obscure distro's the best! hello /r/shitdistro!
>10 years later: "Anyone still here?"

this is for everything but technology and distros are the worst because it's the most shitty reasons they make their circlejerk board and it's hilarious to see the hipsterism come out
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.