[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do car components work? (using PC analogy)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 800px-Radiateur_de_voiture_-_2.jpg (152 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
800px-Radiateur_de_voiture_-_2.jpg
152 KB, 800x533
Like a car radiator is like a PC heatsink, purpose is to transfer heat to cool down.
>>
fuck if i know
>>
Please go to >>>/o/ and have them explain to you what a retarded thing it is to request digital analogies for a mechanical system.
>>
That hip is connected to the... leg bone
>>
>>54920008
the engine is the keyboard
>>
>>54920018
OP's example works and there are other parallels.

and cars have computers in them

but yes OP is a faggot and should go to /o/ or just Google shit
>>
My analogy takes a consumerist, gaymur oriented viewpoint, ala /g/. I also know fuck-all about cars.

>GPU and CPU are engine. The max speed an engine can obtain would be the GPU, acceleration would be CPU. Most people don't care about being able to do 300mph because they don't run races, but something zippy and responsive is always a plus and also saves time in common tasks like repeated red lights.

>Motherboard is transmission, because it gets the power from the motor to the tires and makes the whole thing work together and get you moving across the road. Transmission breaks, car most likely will not move an inch.

>RAM is tires and suspension. Vital to actually moving. Flat tire, you can't move. If suspension is shit and you go on a very rough road, one of two things are going to happen; you're either going to have to go very, very slow, or you'll crash

>The road is whatever work you need to do, rough road is intense workloads

>Case is chassis, mostly just looks and holding everything together in a safe, rigid body so it doesn't fall apart; high end cars have aerodynamic (better cooling potential?) frames to make the best of their top-tier performance

>HSF for CPU and GPU are engine radiator; radiator breaks, shit gets hot and fails momentarily, or in worst-case, catastrophically

>PSU is gas tank

>HDD/SSD/storage is trunk space or how much you can tow, because it's ho

>Keyboard and mouse are steering wheel and pedals

>Monitors are windshield
>>
>>54920526
>because it's ho

Accidental leftover from all my editing
>>
>>54920526
this is beyond autism
>>
>>54920008
Cars are nothing like computers
Although they're almost as exciting and complex they are mechanical marvels not technological ones
>>
>>54920526
>PSU is gas tank
>not the battery
>>
>>54920526
>let's company pc parts to auto parts
>CPU and GPS are the engine acceleration and speed

your analogy is retarded and inconsistent with itself
>>
>>54920008
Engine/CPU - Converts money to power, can be used to pull pussy if you invest wisely ,but most people would still call you a faggot because the sort of pussy it pulls can be smelt from 50 meters upwind.
>>
>>54920008
radiator is water cooler.
Engine is CPU
Chassis is Motherboard
Interior is OS
Wheels are ???
>>
>>54920526
>>The road is whatever work you need to do, rough road is intense workloads
and speedlimit
>>54920692
psu powers the computer, gas powers the car
battery would be more like the USB ports because they power stuff like keyboards and mice where the battery powers things like the radio and the lights
>>
>>54920692
PSU is more like the alternator, dipshit.
>>
>>54921356
how is the psu like the alternator?
>>
Actually I would like to learn more about modifying the onboard cpu. Also consider this, with all these cars that have thoose touch screen dash consoles now, what if I wanted to modify that?
>>
>>54920065
OP's example wasn't an analogy. A radiator and a heatsink are literally the same fucking thing
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.