[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music Technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Cross-posting from /mu/:

I love making music, but I typically make shitty electronic music.

What kind of technology does /g/ use to make their music if you don't play a conventional instrument?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I greatly respect the talent of "real" musicians, but I have such a blast piddling with drum machines and synths and shit.

So what kind of /mu/-related technology do you guys recommend?

I've had my eye on pic related for a little while but, since I mostly make hip hop and rap, I worry that it is mostly just for electronic shit like techno and junk.
>>
>>54917607
If I remember correctly, it has various kits right? In the pic you selected the "Hip Hop" kit is selected. If you want hardware you could get an used Dr. Rhythm for a drum machine. Pretty nice machines
>>
>>54917607
They are fun gimmicks but for their price totally not worth it.
>>
>>54917733

Nice dub-dubs.

But yeah, that's what I was worried about.

Honestly, I'd love to have something portable like it so that I have something to fuck around with on long trips.

Know of any portable drum machines or beat-making machines that are nice?
>>
File: 71eoP0+xkxS._SL1200_.jpg (150 KB, 1010x1200) Image search: [Google]
71eoP0+xkxS._SL1200_.jpg
150 KB, 1010x1200
Some dope music made with this on youtube
>>
>>54917810
Volca Beats?
>>
https://youtu.be/cM_sAxrAu7Q
Or on the software side you could make a black midi using piano from above and whatever midi editing software
>>
>>54917810
>Honestly, I'd love to have something portable like it so that I have something to fuck around with on long trips.

Might not be what you're looking for but the Atari punk console is pretty neat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOxEmDpTzgM

Even more creative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe1ButmzNWY
>>
If you want truly portable and cheap get the PO-24, a little bit more functional than the PO-12, as it adds simple melodic stuff.

Other than that, Novation Circuit
>>
Korg DS-10(plus) for the Nintendo DS is kind of cute.
>>
File: PHOTO_20160409_042442.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
PHOTO_20160409_042442.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
I make music and stuff.
Been doing this for 9 years.
I'm pretty ok. Pic related is my set up

>and yes that's arch on my laptop
>>
File: dusty.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
dusty.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
kind of bummed I don't know jack about music.
you guys got some neat gadgets.
>>
>>54917607
Making "non-shitty music" isn't about tech. Plenty of artists use nothing but drum machines and synth (t. aphex twin, boards of canada). It's about creativity. Most electronic sucks because it's formulated garbage. Just stay away from what generic structures and sounds, be creative and you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.