[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy Corsair headset >after one year one of the cups starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 1449255853089.jpg (129 KB, 420x412) Image search: [Google]
1449255853089.jpg
129 KB, 420x412
>buy Corsair headset
>after one year one of the cups starts to lose connection and cuts out audio
>buy TurtleBeach headset
>after one year one of the cups starts to lose connection and cuts out audio
>ok time to stop buying headsets, the wiring must be shoddy
>shell out for a proper Superlux headset
>detachable audio jack on the cup so it's impossible to trap it or tug it and damage the wiring
>get an Antlion Modmic shipped from Texas (I live in the EU)
>buy a stand for it so it's never lying on a table
>treat it like it's made of fucking glass
>lasts two years then one of the cups starts to cut out

I mean what more can I possibly do?
What more precautions can I take to stop this from happening?
It's never been dropped, I never take it outside, I never caught the cable on a chair or tugged it or anything.

I'm hoping they'll replace it because it has a three year warranty but at this point I feel like I should just save up and get a wireless set.
>>
try buying something that's not shit
>>
>>54915427
That's what I did, I went on Thomann.de and got a Superlux, which is one of the audiophile headphones from the /g/ recommended lists.
>>
Have you got any speakers or anything that uses powerful magnets near the headset when you use/store them? The problem may be something interfering and damaging your headsets rather than tugging on wire etc.
>>
>>54915458
You joke right? Superlux is a poor man's nigger trash. 1. Get headphones and a modmoc, not a headset. 2. Get an actual good brand like senheiser, audio technical, etc.
>>
sennheiser
>>
>>54915499
Well the Modmic uses a small magnet to attach to the cup, you have like an adhesive catch that you stick to the desired location, and then the microphone magnetizes to it, which allows it to be removed if desired.
However I got that with the Superlux, it wouldn't account for the other headsets breaking.
I had just ruled those out because they were gaming headsets which I later learned were always low quality, but the Superlux headphones are hardly more reliable.

>>54915533
I have a modmic.
This was one of the headphones from /g/'s recommended lists, if I could afford a $300 set I would have bought wireless ones.
>>
>>54915295
Why would you buy a headset?

>>54915533
The Superlux 668Bs are pretty solid headphones man, had mine for about a year, although I swapped the pads for the $7 velvet ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fD-M1F6L4g
>>
>>54915688
>Why would you buy a headset?
Because I was ignorant.
But even after knowing better and doing so much research I'm in the same situation.
>>
The "/g/ has become /v/'s tech support meme wasn't a joke, was it
>>
>>54915711
I spent 80 bucks on a Razer Carcharias Headset that wasn't too bad, but ya, if only I knew how to do internet research when I started PC gaming, I still need to resolder them, the wires inside the cable most likely got screwed up as if I wiggled it right by the connector it could still work.
>>
>>54915295
I don't know, solder a new wire between the two cups? it's not hard.
>>
>>54915722
I am afraid not.
>>
>>54915727
The plastic headband on the Corsair headset actually snapped and I had to tape it up before the cup gave out, those were horrible build quality, which is weird to me because I've always enjoyed their PC components.

The TurtleBeach was my favorite headset that I've used, really comfy, nice audio, cool features like mic talkback, when that one broke I resolved to do a lot of research and get something that in theory could not break in the same way.

I asked /g/ and followed guides and found well reviewed headphones in my price range, got a stand for them, got the Modmic, and I guess they lasted twice as long as the headsets but ultimately they broke too.
>>
>bought Siberia V2s 3 years ago
>literally no issues ever
In hindsight I would've gotten a better quality headset with a seperate mic but it works great
>>
>>54915819
The V2 was god tier, V3s not so much

>>54915815
You have bad luck, but seriously for like 40 bucks the Superlux 668Bs can't be beat
>>
p l a n n e d o b s o l e s c e n c e
l
a
n
. . .
>>
File: Superlux-9061.jpg (288 KB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
Superlux-9061.jpg
288 KB, 1600x1280
>>54915834
Mine are the HD681, I was very happy with them before they broke, comfortable, good audio.
>>
>buy Sennheiser headphones
>after 1.5 years the headband cracks from abuse
>Sennheiser honors warranty, gives me a shipping label to return it, and sends me a brand new headset to replace it.

Sennheiser is top tier.
>>
>>54915867
I'm hoping Thomann will do that, it has a three year warranty and I've had this for two.
>>
>>54915834
Were they (V2s) really? I remember doing a bit research on them when buying computer parts and reading that people liked them well enough. I'd have to agree. They deliver some very good sound for a decent price.

Also in hindsight I would've bought an Intel CPU. Single thread performance is currently more useful than multithreading.
>>
>>54915892
Do you have an FX 8 core? You should still be fine in most games at least until zen, DX12 will help move games towards 8+ threads. Just OC to 4.5ghz

The V2s were one of the only really solid gaming headsets

apparently around 50 bucks here, but if you already have a mod mic no point

also I don't know if these are legit, probably not given the first from asia tag
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249036
>>
File: 1448979345083.png (191 KB, 374x413) Image search: [Google]
1448979345083.png
191 KB, 374x413
>>54915295
>buy Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 7 years ago
>throw it around, twist and stretch it
>just one piece broke which was easily fixed with a spare part for dirt cheap

I actually want to buy a new pair from Beyerdynamic but this bitch just won't go down.
>>
File: h wirelees.png (338 KB, 667x758) Image search: [Google]
h wirelees.png
338 KB, 667x758
>>54915295
dude/grill do u even puyt any research into what you buy. I put 3 months of research before buying my headset. The SteelSeries H Wireless Multi-Platform Headset it also had a name change to the Siberia 800.
>>
>>54915920
Yea, but it's the FX8150. It's fair to call it underpowered but it works. In a few years I'll probably build a new computer and give this one to my little brother or craigslist it, but for now it's okay.

Yea I love my V2s. I've accidentally ripped the connectors for the extension out (wheely chair) on a frequent basis and they have yet to stutter or crackle. Quite comfy and low profile too.
>>
>>54915969
I put in like two weeks of research before I decided on these, yes.
I wanted these to be the last headphones I had to buy.
>>
>>54915987
what is your headset?
>>
>>54915995

>>54915858
HD681

Took me a long time to find something in my price range that had semi-open cups and a detectable audio jack at the cup.
>>
>>54916017
how much was it?
>>
>>54916023
€47
>>
>>54916029
wow, so cheap. No wonder it looks shit. I sorry for you. What quality sound does it do?
>>
>>54916041
There shouldn't be anything wrong with them, if you think paying €300 for headphones means the build quality will be any better you're wrong.
The first headset I got cost €180 and it was the worst one.

The sound quality is great.
>>
File: gaming_headsets.png (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
gaming_headsets.png
99 KB, 600x800
i used to suffer like the OP, but then i bought a pair of audio-technica ath-a900s, 5 years and still going strong
>>
>>54916059
i have not looked at the specs and they are $70-$100. Most headphones that price range are not that good.
>>
>>54915979
>FX8150
May Stallman have mercy on your soul
>>
>>54915295

I've had my g35 for over 3 years now, and I cart it around everywhere, never had an issue.
>>
>>54916083
I know. I deserve every laugh I get at it.
>>
TurtleBeach has an incredibly great return/RMA policy and warranty.
They'll replace it even if you're out of warranty.
>>
>>54916171
In my experience with consolefagging, TurtleBeach headset to controller connectors went out every 6 months
>>
>>54916213
I have about 15 TurtleBeach wire baggies & sets of wires from RMAing.
I'd send the headset back with the receiver but no cables, and they'd send an entire new one with cables and all.
>>
>>54916282
Why didn't I think of that. I was content with shelling out 6 bucks (incl. s/h) to pay for a wire every now and again.
>>
>>54915961
DT770 is one hella rugged bitch, can take a beating like it enjoys it
>>
>>54916059
You're dead wrong m8. You just gotta get headphones that are good price/performance
I've had my $300 headphones for almost 6 years and I'm just now needing to do a jack swap on the other end.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.