[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Esoteric Programming Languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Eso.png (714 B, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Eso.png
714 B, 400x300
What Esolang's do you know?

What's your favorite?
>>
Piet seems fun.
>>
Java, PHP, and C
Java
>>
>>54912867

Or are you just retarded and have a harder time?
>>
>>54912867
He said esoteric programming languages you tard.
>>
>>54912851
APL, J and K in progress of learning.
APL is probably my favorite language in general, once you understand the syntax and usage, it's absolutely brilliant and crazy fast.
>>
>>54912851
Nock.Urbit.
>>
>>54912903
My man
>>
I remember writing a brainfuck interpreter once about ten years ago, fun times. Didn't use it for anything, just copied and pasted some examples into it to verify it worked then went back to masturbating.
>>
>>54914096
KEK

Where did you learn to build one at?
>>
>>54914116
I just needed something to do to help me learn C one afternoon. The Wikipedia page basically spoon-feeds you an implementation in C now.
>>
>>54914174
thanks
>>
>>54912903
Where did you learn APL?
Any books?
>>
>>54915301
A Programming Language can be easily found as a PDF, and Mastering Dyalog APL comes in a free pdf too.
They also have a fairly decent wiki and tryapl is a decent enough site to test some basic fun things. NGN APL is another option to try it. Nice part is APL can fold into J and K if you have interest in things like high frequency trading, high speed database access, and other applications.
APL has a harsher learning curve than say COBOL, but it's concise, fast, and really elegant when you eventually get used to code looking like (2=+⌿0=(⍳X)∘.|⍳X)/⍳X instead of what alternate implementations would be. It's a bit of a forgotten dinosaur, but as far as performance goes it still really holds its own. As far as modern stuff goes, it's pretty fun and can make jumping to K easier as you have the theory with the complex symbology, while K discards a lot of that at the consequence of looking weirder like this bit 10{,/{(#x;*x)}'(&~~':x)_x}\,1 for finding the first 10 terms of a look and say sequence. J can be really weird with some stuff it does, but I believe it is now open source and has support for a crazy amount of mathematical things that make some computing tasks amazingly easier. J is pretty easily checked out http://code.jsoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page there, I've encountered it but have never really gone and used it for my projects.
>>
>>54912851
C++ is pretty esoteric desu
>>
>>54917497
>desu

I've seen people say this quite a lot lately, and on quite a few boards. Is it 4chan's new "faggot"? Because I saw that appended to a lot of posts back in the day.
>>
>>54917497
>desu

I thought that shir-tier meme died out years ago.
>>
>>54917630
"t bh" is wordfiltered to desu
>>
>>54917630
>>54917730
Im being baited
>>
>>54917751
Wait? Seriously? That is super faggy.
>>
>>54912851
I kinda made an esolang asm language for fun... it has no reigsters and no jumps. You have to manually modify the memory that the instruction pointer sits at (0x0).

Made a VM and an assembler for it. Might eventually make a compiler.
>>
>>54917780
That sounds really awesome. Link to specs and VM?
I've only written a kinda joke language (and proven Turing completeness by equivalence to BF) that needs work https://esolangs.org/wiki/Wordy
I have a system for emulating procedure calls drafted up somewhere that kinda looks like the standard method of doing it in INTERCAL
>>
>>54918580
https://github.com/roboman2444/roboarch its shit.
>>
>>54912851

Reminder that functional programming is esoteric programming.
>>
>>54912851
lolcode
because you can actually make something real out of it and anyone who attempts to read the code couldn't control their laugh.
>>
>>54917774
Sure is new in here.
>>
What was the name of that one that used greek letters and shiet?
>>
>ctrl+f "haskell"
>phrase not found

rather surprising
>>
File: 20160604_190655.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160604_190655.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Python
>>
>>54921393
>you and your lover sharing a romantic champagne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg8A6RYRH6Y
>>
>>54921068
See: >>54918696
>>
>>54912851
Python, Haskell, Lisp, Java.
>>
>>54912851
XML
>>
>>54917774
desu just try it yourself
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.