[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey. First time painting tablet buyer here needs some advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: Wacom_Intuos_pen_&_touch_M.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Wacom_Intuos_pen_&_touch_M.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
Hey. First time painting tablet buyer here needs some advice.
So im going to buy tablet next week and i plan to buy Intous medium art. I have 24inch 1920x1080 monitor. Is tablet's size going to be enough? I also read some article and it tells that intous pro small is better for screen like i have. Both same price about 200€. Im not going to spend any more than 200€ Tell me what you think.
>>
>>54912187
I bought the smallest and its enough, but mainly because I'm not good at drawing big lines, so if I had to draw something big, just zoom in and draw it with small hand movements.
>>
>>54912187
The size of your screen doesn't matter at all, it's just what size is the most comfortable and suitable for you.
I personally find the large wacom tablets to be too large and the small to be a bit too small.
>>
File: intuosprosmallgalleryimage1.png (67 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
intuosprosmallgalleryimage1.png
67 KB, 960x640
>>54912288
when I look at the scrateches on my tablet (intuos pro small) they are mostly in the middle, dont even use the whole area of the small tablet.

also, its really fucked up that such an expensive tablet gets scratches. I'm really pissed about this.
>>
>>54912407
They sell sort of screen protectors for the tablet drawing area. They're supposed to reduce nib wear and protect the surface from scratches, but I use it because I don't like the paper texture on the tablets and instead prefer the smooth glossy feel. It's somewhat reminiscent of using a Nintendo DS touch screen with the stylus
>>
>>54912453
I bought a tablet screen protector and put it on, since the scratches are very deep and your pen gets stuck in them.
but yeah, now its like drawing on glass. also, the tablet surface is ruined now. they should have put a warning on it that its prone to scratches.
>>
>>54912187

Fuck me never buy a small, you want as much active area as possible to be able to draw with anymore than than just your wrist. Consider a Huion as you tend to get more for less compared to Wacom.

I also recommend checking >>>/ic/
>>
>>54912222
Also do not fucking do this Jesus Christ.
>>
>>54913152
next time I'll buy a larger one (huion). Wacom is just too expensive.
>>
File: dhg5e4ehdfth.jpg (637 KB, 1876x1920) Image search: [Google]
dhg5e4ehdfth.jpg
637 KB, 1876x1920
>>54912187
i got the small variant of that, as a starter tablet somehow is okay when i use dual monitor but it's mostly because i probably got used to it.

>>54912453
opposite for me, i even put a paper on the surface to feel more rough as i got used to drawing in traditional, the hard felt nibs and flex nibs just doesn't cut it for me.
>>
FUCKING SPEAK ENGLISH
>>
WHAT?
>>
>>54912407
Who even gives a shit? I have a wacom tablet that I've used for 5 years now, and it has a ton of scratches. It also works perfectly, because the scratches are just cosmetic.

Tablets are meant to allow you to draw things; looking pretty is not a requirement, and if your autism really demands it, then as others have said you can get a protector for it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68 KB, 1322x744) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68 KB, 1322x744
Huion Giano $160 /ic/ approved tablet
I believe the Intuos Small is $100?
>>54913137
Very true on the active area, but tablet discussion aren't allowed there. Keep it in /g/
>>
File: mep.jpg (3 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
mep.jpg
3 KB, 261x195
>>54915604
I also have a small variation of that, I use it for notes and such in Xournal. I found it alright to use on a dual monitor display - so I'm sure drawing will be just fine on a single display. You might also want to try second hand on ebay or craigslist, it may save you a lot of money
>>
File: IMG_20160603_222830[1].jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160603_222830[1].jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
24 inch monitor is too large for the intous pro small, intous pro small is more for like 15" laptop screens, medium one would be a lot better

pic related my Intous pro LARGE newest generation compared to a 15" bare laptop screen
>>
>>54917986
i haven't kept track of tablet tech for the past 4 months: goddamn that thing is beautiful.

A 14" x 9" tablet with better-than-wacom sensitivity/resolution for $160.

after decades of wacom keeping the market in a choke hold its good to see competition pushing things forward.

how are huion/uc-logic drivers maturing?
>>
>>54912187
I have the exact Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium tablet and I use a 23" 1080p monitor I work with. it's just right you'll have no problems with the tablet size vs your monitor size.
>>
Medium is perfect for a 20 some inch monitor.
>>
>>54917986
yep, seems like next time I'll go chines. will probably just buy a normal tablet at first to see if the quality holds up.
>>
Just buy a Surface.
>>
>>54921647
>Just buy a Surface.
i dont think it has real quality pen and the price point is ridiculous
>>
>>54921647
>256 pressure levels
>N-Trig
ishyggy
>>
>>54917986
>tablet discussion aren't allowed there

this is retarded and no-one follows that rule anyway. It's like saying "you have to discuss paintbrushes in /g/ because they're technology"

>cars are technology keep it in /g/
>power tools are technology keep it in /g/

no self respecting /ic/ janitor will delete a tablet thread.
>>
>>54922521
Kys fagget no one cares. Posted in /ic/ no one gives a shit there about tablets.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.