[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secure and Private Smartphone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.png.bmp.ico.jpg (56 KB, 485x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png.bmp.ico.jpg
56 KB, 485x768
What's /g/s opinion on the UnaPhone

>Introducing the UnaPhone Zenith- The Most Secure and Privacy-friendly Android phone you'll ever own. We at Una believe that a phone should not be your personal surveillance device, but simply your personal phone.

OWN THE MOST SECURE ANDROID SMARTPHONE

>The UnaPhone Zenith is the first truly secure and private Android smartphone without any compromises. It doesn’t use any Google services, shady apps or strange permissions. With the UnaPhone Zenith you can stay calm knowing that you are never tracked and that your data is never being sold. You can even give it to your kids in the knowledge that their personal life stays secure.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/unaphone-zenith-secure-and-private-smartphone/

We finally have what we deserve?
>>
DOA
>>
>>54911155
>Secure and Privacy-friendly Android
ANDROID IS NOT SECURE OR PRIVACY FRIENDLY

FUCK OFF
>>
It's closed source, proprietary bullshit. Far from secure.
>>
>>54911155
Does it have monthly security updates? Does it have a TPM? grsecurity patched kernel? Does it have anti-theft?
Even blackberry has these.
>>
>>54911155
>based on Android 6.0
>security
nice troll post
>>
>>54911155
how is it better than using CM with no gapps?
>>
>>54911155
>"secure and private" phone
This should be good, I wonder what the features are.
>closed source software is a feature
>locked down to the point where you can't modify anything or install the programs you want (why not just get a dumb phone at that point?)
>unnecessarily powerful hardware that will never be able to be utilized due to the above point
>impossible claims such as your service provider not being able to identify the phone, which would prevent you from using it as a phone if it were true
>no mentions of doing anything with the baseband processor (such as not fucking giving it DMA), meaning the phone isn't secure against state actors no matter what they claim
>>
File: bitlocker_implying.png (190 KB, 1077x758) Image search: [Google]
bitlocker_implying.png
190 KB, 1077x758
>>54911238
Friendly reminder that TMPs are useless for encryption.
>>
>secure
>phone
nice meme
wake me up when they free the baseband
>>
>android
>privacy
Topkek
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.