[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I have this wierd problem, dear /g/ My computer is connected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So, I have this wierd problem, dear /g/

My computer is connected to a power outlet, that is next to a light switch. The thing is, when I turn off or on the lights, the mouse disconnects for some seconds, and re-connects again.

Why would this be? Never heard of anyone with the same problem
>>
>>54911006
install gentoo, see if problem persists
>>
OP
are you fucking retarded
>>
>>54911006
Is the mouse wireless?
>>
>>54911097
>o
Not retarded, but I have more important things than being a nerd about computers
>>
>>54911111
Wired mouse, happens with my current model, the one in the picture.
>>
>>54911006
Do you have a surge protector?
>>
>>54911419
I have my computer and other things connected to a surge protector, that is connected to a power strip
>>
>>54911559
I was having a problem similer to that with my monitors because they wern't plugged in to a surge protector because I was retarded but yeah I have no idea what your problem is. Is it every time you flip the switch, or just sometimes?
>>
>>54911999
Just sometimes it happens only with the mouse tho
>>
>>54911559
so you have 2 splitters in between your system and the wall????

this sounds like my brothers aquarium wiring (which consists of 3 daisy-chained power splitters with load spread haphazardly across all 3)

OP if you have a voltmeter I would use JUST the one surge protector and start messing with the lights
>>
well I guess OP didnt give a fuck about actually finding a solution, he just wanted to shitpost

If you are still reading OP, kys
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.