[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>microsoft removed all my hidden updates HOW THE FUCK IS THIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.jpg (119 KB, 1180x663) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
119 KB, 1180x663
>microsoft removed all my hidden updates
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS POSSIBLE? I made sure to uninstall and hide every telemetry update and every one that came after windows 10 release. I haven't installed any since then and I HAVE automatically update turned off.
>>
>windows 10

There's your problem
>>
>>54910815
they periodically re-release the telemetry and GWX updates with bumped version numbers. This seems to be solely so that they show up again for people who hid them. You have to update manually and check everything before you install, only way.
>>
>>54910815
>>54910966
>literally fighting against your own computer
>>
>>54910815
Happenes to me once, after I disabled Windows Update at all and then selected back to check for updates. Howeverm they showed back in the hidden section after I checked 'check for updates'.

Tl;dr they're still hidden, but having Windows Update disabled makes that list not to show them until you enable back WU
>>
>>54910815
Just switch to linux, my friend. Just five up your few games, and you can use Wine as well.
>>
>>54912568
I keep hearing stories about guys who tried to dualboot windows with linux. They said how they followed the guides exactly and linux wiped their whole partition with windows 7. That's why I'm scared, until I get a new hdd to put linux on it.
/blog
>>
File: cylon_vs_cylon.jpg (22 KB, 450x291) Image search: [Google]
cylon_vs_cylon.jpg
22 KB, 450x291
>>54910815
I think the windows 10 guy promised 1 billion users by the end of this month so don't be surprised if the entire computer goes Cylon sometime over the next fortnight.

Future Presidential runs are on the line over this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnhzAo2Ozk
>>
>>54912941
Just don't be a retard partitioning, ideally just boot off two drives and voila problem solved
>>
>>54912941
That's weird. I've never had that kind of problem, and I've been dual booting for a while now with lots of different distros. I did wipe my hdd once when trying to install Arch, but that was my fault for not paying attention to what I was doing. Just be careful, and triple check when partitioning, and you'll be fine
>>
>>54912941
Grab a cheap 250gb SSD and stick linux in it, not fucking hard, especially on a brain dead installation like Cinnamon Mint
>>
>>54910815
B O T N E T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBGwisx7y8E
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.